GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 29 retail banners
- over 600,000 store visitors per day
- 15 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2016: EUR 3,316 million
- EBITDA 2016: EUR 537 billion
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Analytics Manager - Customer Experience & Digital
Customer Experience and Digital (CX&D) is a new function at GrandVision. We are a restless, agile, cross-disciplined and experimental team, obsessed with deeply understanding and solving the most valuable customer journeys, needs and pain points. We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store and design and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences. We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning and solution-focused approaches. The CX&D team is unique. It has no hierarchy; it is deeply meritocratic; it is truly liberal, international and LGBTQ friendly. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization. We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun! If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.
In a nutshell, your role would be to take on and ensure the successful adoption, management and optimization of a new data analytics and data science tools and platforms across multiple functions and markets. By doing so, you will ensure that markets and functions have the customer insights they need to take business decisions and improve customer experience. Example projects might include the roll out of CX Analytics platforms such as Qualtrics or Medallia; NPS implementation projects; implementation of in-store analytics platforms such as RetailNext or Euclid; design and development of Digital Marketing Dashboards.
Head of Data Science & Customer Insights
- Provide project leadership, planning, reporting, budgeting, risk mitigation, team and digital product development expertise.
- Act as a connector across the market teams, CX&D, external partners (e.g. analytics start-ups, retail-tech firms) and internal functions (e.g. IT, Category Management) to identify and fix development and adoption issues.
- Formulate, then routinize, actionable reporting with data visualizations for business owners (market to C-Level) to gauge performance of new tools and platforms
- Apply learning to establish and communicate project management processes and best practice for new digital assets.
- Contribute to and run adjacent projects with the Data Analytics and Customer Insights team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have capacity to influence CEO and CMO-level stakeholders (in operating companies), maintaining the right balance of assertiveness and healthy business relationships
- Manage multiple analytical projects at a time, in a fast-paced, customer-obsessed and results-oriented environment
- Understand the value of real-time data and insights to test, prove, reiterate and have impact for customers.
- Relentlessly seek out and execute technical and customer experience improvement opportunities.
- Have proven critical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and fast-changing team environment.
- Thrive on getting stuck into technical and development challenges.
- Finished Bachelor’s Degree is a must (preferably in engineering, mathematics, statistics, or other related technical discipline)
- MBA desired (not mandatory)
- At least 5-7 years of work experience with 2-3 years in managing and delivering analytics projects, preferably in multi-country multi-brand environment
- Deep experience with Google 360 and/or Adobe Analytics
- Basic to intermediate level knowledge of statistical modelling (multivariate statistics, regression modelling, predictive modelling, controlled test design, time-series modelling)
- Basic to intermediate level knowledge of SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Qlik
- Experience with online and mobile metrics & user experience
- Prior work experience designing and implementing campaign and product classifications, KPIs and automated reporting in one or more digital analytics platform(s)
- Relationship-building in a business and / or client-facing professional services firm where the instinct was to identify and solve customer problems across functions / markets.
- Connecting sales/operational/channel data between multiple online and offline data sources to develop queries, analyze data and generate insights.
- Designing, developing, and implementing data dashboard tools that provide real-time visibility into customer experience.
- Project experience in a digital development team where customer insight drove agile design and re-iteration.
- Planning, risk mitigation, and budget management experience, preferably in digital development projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to design and create documentation for diverse audiences, from build teams to the executive level.
- Retail or FMCG industry experience is a great addition.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.