GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Business Insights Officer, Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
The Business Insights Officer is a member of the Business Insights team. This team is responsible for managing the reporting and analytics for the GrandVision Supply Chain department, the Procurement Department and the Category Department, in line with agreed KPIs and with excellent customer service. The team consists of 4 Business Insights Officers, a Business Insights IT support and the Business Insights Lead.
The Business Insights Officer reports to the Business Insights Lead.
Main purpose of the role
Core responsibilities of the Business Insights Officer are:
- Deliver business insights:
- Create reports and dashboards to support management in their decision making
- Deliver insights based on the reports to support management in their decision making
- Drive improvement:
- Identify opportunities to improve SC processes based on business insights
- Identify opportunities to implement common/standard processes and best practices from other business areas
- Assess business insights management process and related activities and identify opportunities to make improvements
- Develop metrics and KPIs to ensure improvements are sustained
- Support the transformation to a data driven organization
- Inspire internal clients with innovative data products (among others: interactive dashboards, predictive models)
- Support the business to do self-service BI, so that you can focus on advanced analytics projects
Key performance indicators
- Reports and dashboards delivered on time in full
- Projects delivered on time in full
- Happy customers
Required qualifications/level of education
- University work/think level
- Preferred university study in field of Operational Research, Econometry, Mathematics or Statistics
- 2+ years in business analysis, developing standards/processes/specification/policies/etc.
- Ideally, knowledge of SAP or other similar systems
- Knowledge of business analytics software, ideally SAP BI and Design Studio or similar systems
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Business visionary mind-set
- Drive innovation and idea generation in the business insights area
- Self-motivation, self-reliance and be proactive in approach to work
- Discipline, focus and have the ability to see beyond temporary set-backs
- Strong attention to detail
- Openness to continuous learning
- Adaptable and flexible
- Able to work exceptionally well in team environments
- Ability to work under pressure/tolerant of stress and frustration
- Willingness to travel
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in the business analytics area, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Fully understand all aspects of the business analytics processes
- Knowledge of (external) tooling and best practices
- Ability to remain aware of deadlines
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic organizational and planning skills
- Good analytical programming skills such as R, Python, SQL
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Proficient in English (other languages a definite plus)
- Organizing and prioritizing skills
- Ability to use different management information systems
- Aware of the latest trends in the field
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
The Business Insights team is part of the global Finance team. Based on your interest and skill set and because of the multidisciplinary nature of the Business Insights team, your next job can either be in Finance, Supply Chain, Category Management, Procurement or at one of our local organizations.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.