GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
, Amsterdam area
Supply Chain Director
Main purpose of the role
The vacant role is a highly visible supply chain position that will lead and implement transformation projects which will contribute to bring the above building blocks alive. Close corporation with the GV Operating Companies is fundamental for the success of this role. One specific large global transformation project is for the design and implementation of eFulfillment capability within GrandVision Supply Chain.
The core responsibility of the Business Lead eFulfillment will be:
- Lead and implement large SC projects, in close corporation with the GV Operating Companies
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Supply Chain processes and ways of working, specifically for eFulfillment
- Customer proposition will enable certainty, choice, speed and convenience. This needs to be supported by Supply Chain Capabilities, and will go broader than eFulfillment. The new role will translate the Customer Experience/proposition, coming from the CX&D team, into SC capabilities. The role will be the linking pin between CX&D and GVSC.
- Design and implement eFulfillment roadmap with a regionalized setup. This will include the design and implementation of warehousing processes (inbound, put-away, pick-pack-ship) for Omni-channel fulfillment, as well as solutions to support the customer proposition:
- Click & Collect with fast delivery
- Track & Trace
- ATP & stock reservation
- Reverse logistics
- E2E Stock visibility
- As part of the roadmap, the role is responsible for the insourcing of the CLS business. The responsibility limits to the fulfillment setup of the CLS business.
- Where needed, support Operating Companies with their current, local, Omni-channel fulfillment setup, as part of the transition towards the regionalized eFulfillment setup.
- Responsible to manage diverse relationships by excellent stakeholder management
- Responsible for implementation, and therefore being able to get work done through others
- Support local markets in identifying & driving opportunities to improve the global or local Supply Chain
- Concrete and clear list of Supply Chain capabilities, required to support the Omni-channel customer experience/proposition. The list will be frequently updated, and the new role will make sure that the capabilities are designed & implemented.
- Implementation of the eFulfillment roadmap
- Successful insourcing of the CLS business, both qualitatively as well as cost efficient
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor or Master degree in Supply Chain or technical discipline (preferable MSc)
- 6-10 years of work experience, combination of consultancy & operations preferable
- Prince2 certification preferred
- APICS certification preferred
Key skills, knowledge and experience
Collaboration with local & group members is paramount to be successful in this role. And therefore, next to forecasting & demand management knowledge, it is critical that a candidate can show an adequate maturity level of people influence and communication techniques within a multicultural environment.
- Experience in leading projects in a multicultural & international environment
- Extensive knowledge & experience of Supply Chain processes
- Proven experience of implementation of eFulfillment processes and capabilities
- Project management experience, preferable prince2 certified
- Affinity with retail
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Strong collaboration and people influence skills
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Fluency in English
In this role 25% to 50% travel is required
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.