GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Global Lead Omnichannel Architect
As a lead backend developer, you’ll be working with the latest technologies and frameworks! Help us and lead our team of top-notch backend developers to make our eCommerce project a worldwide success!
As a part of GrandVision’s new and growing global Customer Experience & Digital team (CX&D) The CX&D team is unique. It has no hierarchy; it is deeply meritocratic; it is truly liberal, international and LGBT friendly; and it is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider retail organization. Hence you have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout the entire customer journey. If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.you will take part in defining and driving a ‘true transformation’.
Chief Digital Officer / Global Vice President Customer Experience & Digital
Main purpose of the role
The Global Lead Omnichannel Architect will work within Global Customer Experience and Digital (CX&D) Team within Grandvision HQ in Amsterdam Schiphol to define, design and deliver the Technology Architecture required to deliver the Omni-channel Customer Experience Strategy across 30 retail brands in 44 countries. The Enterprise Architect will be the Architecture Authority for replacing specific local solutions with group wide solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
· Responsible & Accountable for owning, developing and continuously refining the global omni-channel retail enterprise architecture, all its components and data-flow among them. Including
o Global ecommerce components such as Bloomreach CMS, CommerceTools “headless commerce APIs”, Algolia search, React JS front-end, Node JS microservices
o Tight integration of ecommerce with retail stores and store employees including integration to Order Mgmt System (OMS) and POS, integration to Customer 360 datastore (“Customer Golden Record”), shared microservices, integration to clienteling apps etc.
· Responsible & Accountable for upholding the non-negotiable architectural principles and processes;
o Constantly evangelize and champion these principles to all digital teams in every relevant event;
o Coach various digital development /delivery teams to enforce & operationalize these principles. For example, “headless architecture”, “API-first microservices”
· Responsible & Accountable for integration architecture that connects Group wide solutions with de-centralized local back-end IT systems (such as POS and ERP platforms) via Dell Boomi and Azure Service Bus
· Responsible & Accountable for aligning omni-channel enterprise architecture with “DevOps and SecOps” architecture
· Always look out for new modern contemporary innovative architectural solutions and constantly challenge the thinking of Chief Digital Officer and show new directions
· Experience of the full software development life cycle delivering web-based omni-channel eCommerce systems over multiple complex implementations in retail
· Experience of architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security etc.
· Experience of “headless” and “decoupled” architecture
· Experience of Docker containers and Kubernetes orchestration
· Experience of constantly coaching developers in a high-speed Agile development environment
· Experience of delivering Enterprise Architecture alongside an Agile Delivery Methodology
· Deep knowledge of Retail Systems, their roles and what is available on the market
· Knowledge of integration patterns and technologies (for example, Websphere MQ, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft or other ESBs).
· Ability to challenge traditional monolithic architectural thinking and ability to get points across multiple strong willed people
· Experience of at least one major eCommerce platform (e.g. CommerceTools, ElasticPath, IBM Websphere Commerce, SAP Hybris, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Oracle Commerce Cloud)
· Experience of at least one major Content Management System (e.g. Bloomreach DXP /Hippo, Adobe, Contentful)
· Experience of Order Management systems (e.g. IBM Sterling Commerce, Manhattan, Fluent Commerce)
· Database design experience.
· Network / infrastructure design experience.
· Master degree, preferably in Science or Engineering.
· 10+years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer).
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
· Will be confident, articulate and literate, presenting him/herself as a professional at all times.
· Must be self-motivated, disciplined, able to work on own initiative and takes responsibility for own work.
· Will be committed to the achievement of excellence.
· Constantly strives to discover and learn new technologies.
· Ability to balance client business priorities with technical requirements.