GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Data Engineer / Workforce Analytics Intern, Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
In the People & Culture department at GrandVision HQ we offer a once in a lifetime opportunity to help build the foundation for global workforce reporting & analytics. For this project you need to think data, design structures, collaborate on definitions but also balance the global and local perspectives. The end result is a smart foundation for the intelligent workforce analytics solution Crunchr. In an exciting project of 5 months, you will bring different worlds together, visit our foreign offices and be able to really make a difference for our organization!
You will be an integral part of the HQ People & Culture team, consisting of HR Business Partners, the Learning & Development Team, the Rewards & Operations team, Recruiter, Internal Communications and the Talent Management Team. Your skills are missing, and you would therefore have the chance to make a huge success out of this intern project!
Josanne Verdonk, CHRO
Main purpose of the role
The HR Data Analytics Intern will first focus on global HR data quality, then on implementation of a state-of-the art data analytics tool in several countries. You will be working closely together with the third-party provider and several different colleagues from all over the world.
What we offer:
· A temporary internship for 4-5 months (4/5 days per week)
· In a very dynamic and fast organization
· In a young, ambitious and fun team
· Lots of learnings and new skills
· The possibility to visit some of our countries in Europe, North and Latin America
Required qualifications/level of education
· You are a Master of Science student with preferably a technical background.
· You love crunching data, but you also love to make a difference by analysing it
· You are fluent in English
· You have experience with database structures and have basic programming skills
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· You are highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
· You have a high level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact.
· You are positive, put a customer first, and have a ‘can do attitude’.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.