Do you want to be a key part of a DPO team with a European remit?
We are GrandVision, well-known by our retail banners such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Apollo, Solaris, and many more!
Our global store network are the go-to locations for all the top brands in the eyewear industry, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Esprit, Carrera, but also popular for our comprehensive selection of exclusive and indie brands.
The DPO position sits in a European team working predominantly out of France and Italy, and ensures data protection for the group
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
The role consists of 5 key areas, each with individual areas of focus, listed below;
Strategy and Governance
- Support the EL Group Privacy Officer in designing the strategic plan and implementing the personal data global group strategy within GV’s affiliates over the world, including LGPD, EU GDPR and also other privacy laws;
- Support the Group DPO in coordinating the Governance Bodies in the Personal Data organization, communities and beyond their relationships with the business;
- Support the Group DPO as well as local DPO or Points of Contact in drafting local analysis and local position papers to be discussed with regulatory authorities in Data Privacy;
- Support the DPO in ensuring cross-functional consistency of Personal Data management, especially when operated by multiple entities or departments;
- Initiate and participate to the DPIA review at local and group level (Large Scale of Processing);
- Benchmark personal data & privacy protection related policies with partners and competitors.
Support to operations
- Monitor compliance with Group Policies and Data Protection Regulation including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits;
- Liaise and work closely with business and functions (HR, IT, Marketing, Online, Security and Business) to facilitate the implementation of the Group policies, the good practices to set up a solid/sustainable personal data management;
- Design and implement tools to assist the network of DPOs and legal experts;
- Supporting operations in the negotiation of complex contracts and Data Agreements including personal data processing (subcos including internal subcos (EL affiliates), sales or procurement);
- Assist and advise operations and DPOs in reviewing assessment of processing including the issuance of DPIAs to evaluate the risk of non-compliance;
- Identify the contractual evolution to comply with the Data Protection;
- Conduct regular session of reviewing processes / manage personal data protection register of processes;
- Support operation in managing complex Data Subject Requests.
- Set up actions as part of major personal data & privacy protection events (GDPR anniversary, Personal Data & Privacy Protection day, Security events, etc.);
- Populate to specific functions the specifics of Data Protection in their particular domain of working;
- Preparation and anticipation of controls;
- Pay regular attention to the legal and technological evolutions allowing a compliance of the processing of personal data.
- Participate in the definition of the curriculum for training sessions;
- Identify necessary training internally and externally;
- Ensure consistency of Personal Data & Privacy Protection communication.
- Define Data Protection audit plan for internal and external audit;
- Participate to the rules to be implemented in the GSG;
- Random and targeted audit of personal data processing;
- Collaborate with auditors and define improvement actions plan.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
Contract: In line with common market practice a 1-year (/ fixed-term) contract may initially be offered with a view to extend.
Workplace type: hybrid. We offer the option to continue working 2 days at home and 3 days at the office with a working from home bundle incl. chair and screen etc. provided to support this.
Salary: We pay competitive salaries in line with the international retail sector. We are looking forward to discussing your salary expectations during the interview.
In addition to the above, We offer a scope of great benefits including (but not limited to):
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
After decades of collaboration and two years of efforts and relentless work to make it a reality, EssilorLuxottica and GrandVision officially became part of the same organization as of 1 July, 2021.
Going forward, as part of the EssilorLuxottica family, GrandVision will be able to truly unlock our full potential, and that of the optical industry as a whole, by exploring new paths around product development, digitalization, distribution and innovation.
At the very core have always been our people, who day after day are elevating the importance of vision as a basic human right and to bringing the best eyewear possible to the market. As part of the Group's deeply-rooted culture and values, we are committed to taking care of our employees around the globe and helping them thrive and grow.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback should you not be selected for an interview.
Recruitment agencies: As we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team, all our positions are strictly no agencies. Please refrain from contacting our staff with prospective candidates as they will not be taken into consideration.