Digital Product Owner- Global eCommerce & Omni- channel
Own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features, building products that delight customers.
We are GrandVision, well-known by our retail banners such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Apollo, Solaris, and many more!
Our global store network are the go-to locations for all the top brands in the eyewear industry, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Esprit, Carrera, but also popular for our comprehensive selection of exclusive and indie brands.
In this role, you will make significant contributions to our digital customer experience, working alongside our development team to take our digital platforms to the next level. You will have the opportunity to develop and further improve key elements of our omnichannel rollout, leading and managing one of our 6 development teams.
We are not looking for a purely delivery-focused Product Owner, this is not the priority over strong alignment with stakeholders on expectations and agreements.
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
- Own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 10 countries and our ambitious goal is to deliver it to all banners within the Group in the coming years!
- Carefully balance quality of eCommerce product vs velocity of delivering features.
- Co-create our own unique platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless). Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
- We have 4 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey, you will be leading and managing one of the 6 teams day-to-day:
- Browse to Order (PLP, PDP, Landing Pages, Home Page, Campaign Pages, Site Search & Merchandising)
- Order to Cash (Checkout /Payment)
- Prescription glasses, cart/order (PG, cart, order and releases)
- My Account (customer details, order history, payment history, Re-Orders)
- Omnichannel (Advanced Appointment Booking, Subscription, Store Employee app, Endless Aisle)
- Roll-out (global platform roll-out team)
- Constantly align online experience with offline store experience and ensure omni-channel consistency across channels e.g. product pricing, promotions, assortment, commercial policies, design & branding etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams (combining both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, front end developers, back end developers, architect while working with stakeholders such as assortment experts, store experts, supply chain experts, data-analysts and devops engineers.
- You will own the Feature Backlog and constantly prioritize with GrandVision countries and the order of new features. This involves exposure to C-level contacts around the globe.
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives.
- Deliver product incrementally in bi-weekly Agile scrum sprints, on schedule and within budget.
- Negotiate trade-offs with business and technical stakeholders – both globally and in the markets.
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives, and complies to our software & architecture principles.
- Partner with multiple GV HQ experts to get insights in performance based on different sources of data to help improve the quality of the user stories.
- Manage multiple, concurrent features/projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Science or Engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer).
- Business level English, both written and spoken
- Advanced knowledge of design-led customer-obsessed digital product development with sharp eye on key KPIs such as conversion, cart abandonment, bounce rate etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in developing customer facing B2C eCommerce products in Agile methodologies such as Scrum (this is a must).
- Moderate/Advanced knowledge and experience with CI/CD tooling within a DevOps environment in Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Advanced experience working within a bigger strategic program with multiple teams, to apply project management skills.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with headless e-Commerce platforms and Microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of core development languages and tooling such as Reactjs, Nodejs, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more to be able to challenge the developers and devops engineers.
- Preferred: solid experience in scaling or rolling out a new e-commerce platform towards an omni-channel future in high pace.
- Proactive, outgoing, outspoken and opiniated person.
- High sense of responsibility, need to be able to deal with high workload
- Able to sell our digital products to internal stakeholders, with a very good and detailed understanding of how we combine technology with business.
- Good business understanding, ability to understand international landscape of business decision.
Workplace type: hybrid. We offer the option to continue working 2 days at home and 3 days at the office with a working from home bundle incl. chair and screen etc. provided to support this.
Salary: We pay competitive salaries in line with the international retail sector. We are looking forward to discussing your salary expectations during the interview.
In addition to the above, We offer a scope of great benefits including (but not limited to):
- Dutch pension plan with employer contribution of 8%
- Employee net investment scheme
- Employee Purchase Option for glasses, contact lenses and sunglasses
- Subsidised lunches and free fruit at the office
- Commuting expenses reimbursed
- Discount on various partner insurances
- The option to work from abroad for a specified time
- Flexibility on annual leave planning with option to purchase additional days
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
After decades of collaboration and two years of efforts and relentless work to make it a reality, EssilorLuxottica and GrandVision officially became part of the same organization as of 1 July, 2021. Going forward, as part of the EssilorLuxottica family, GrandVision will be able to truly unlock our full potential, and that of the optical industry as a whole, by exploring new paths around product development, digitalization, distribution and innovation.
At the very core have always been our people, who day after day are elevating the importance of vision as a basic human right and to bringing the best eyewear possible to the market. As part of the Group's deeply-rooted culture and values, we are committed to taking care of our employees around the globe and helping them thrive and grow.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful. Due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback should you not be selected for an interview.
Recruitment agencies: As we have a dedicated in-house recruitment team, all our positions are strictly no agencies. Please refrain from contacting our staff with prospective candidates as they will not be taken into consideration.