GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Marketing & Digital Director, VisilabGroup Switzerland - Location Geneva
VisilabGroup Switzerland, subsidiary of GrandVision, is providing high quality and affordable eye care through Visilab, McOptic, Kochoptik and +Vision banners. Those banners are completed by one Contact Lenses pureplayer (www.linsenmax.ch) and one laser eye surgery clinic (www.eyelaser.ch).
VisilabGroup is the undisputed leader in optical retail in Switzerland. The team is composed by ca. 1300 people serving customers in 165 stores.
Marketing Team is shaped by 17 people in all related areas: Visual Merch, Brand Management, Graphic Content, Production Management, Digital and CRM.
Number of FTE - 17
Main purpose of the role
- In this role, you will be instrumental in creating the future of VisilabGroup through its different brands, building a market leading true Omnicommerce business that excels in delivering true customer value; from Eye care to Fashion. Our customers will not only look great with our products, we will also be caretakers for their eye health and deliver an impeccable and unbeatable customer service that secures a long-lasting customer relationship, being the most preferred optical retailer in Switzerland!
- Optical retail is a unique combination of Retail, Fashion and (Eye) Health Care. In order to succeed, we need to be customer centric, and deliver real customer relevant value, on all 3 dimensions. In todays and tomorrow’s world of retail, we also need to respond to the customer needs in an Omnichannel way.
Customer Journey / Brand communication
- Develop deep understanding of the group customer journey omnichannel involving pre-sales (Marketing), conversion & sales (Commerce) and post-sales (CRM, Cust Service, Loyalty); mapping customer pain points to practical solutions
- Develop deep understanding of our existing customer segments /personas and their attributes; be responsible for positioning of retail branding and associated brand messaging comms
- Marketing strategist – owns a comprehensive Marketing strategy and roadmap for the Retail Brands within VisilabGroup as well all other related brand building and marketing related activities, including driving the digital and OmniCommerce agenda
- Experienced retail marketeer; understands how to drive traffic in a profitable way, how to measure success in retail marketing and how maximise the ROMI in an omnichannel environment
- Responsible for media mix modelling and using data to decide allocation of media budget across offline and digital to maximise ROI
- Responsible for brand marketing (retail brand) including showcasing the compelling USPs of the retail brand across digital and physical channel, driving compelling price /perception
- Responsible for performance marketing particularly for eCommerce and appointment booking (web to store traffic); deep experience in online marketing channels and optimization of Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) per channel
- Paid search
- Display /programmatic
- Paid social
- Line manager to Head of Digital Sales (eCommerce Manager) and P&L responsible for driving eCommerce sales
- Responsible for eCommerce conversion optimization (CRO), eCommerce digital merchandising, online assortment (“long tail endless aisle online”), pricing and promotions (“online exclusives”, “dynamic pricing”, “outlet sale”)
- Digital in heart and mind, and experienced in both building brands in digital space and driving the Omnicommerce agenda, including e-com
CRM / Customer Service
- Responsible for post-sales customer experience including
- omnichannel customer service (chat, social media, email, phone)
- Responsible for driving and owning CRM campaigns to drive traffic to store as well as traffic to eCommerce. Activities include
- data collection from retail POS, eCommerce into a CRM database etc.
- data cleansing and preparation
- business rules and segment creation
- execution of email, SMS and direct mail campaigns
Creative / Content
- Responsible for creative and content required to drive marketing effectiveness; manage local agencies and liaise with global Customer Experience & Digital team and Global Eyewear Operations on a regular basis to get the most relevant personalized creative and content
Key performance indicators
- Traffic to store as well as digital, Conversion; in store as well as digital
- Brand Strength & Loyalty (Awareness, Preference & Repeat purchase)
- ROMI and related KPI’s
- Digital Brand strength KPI’s, like SOME followers
Required qualifications / level of education
- MBA or equivalent relevant education in Marketing
- 10 years of consumer product marketing experience in Switzerland
- 5 years of consumer retail experience
- Experience with developing and implementing Omnicommerce marketing strategies within retail
- Perfect knowledge in current marketing tools and technics
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of passion, energy and ambition to realise a positive impact. High level of workload
- Strongly Customer oriented, can do attitude
- Team Coach – Takes care of the further development of the Local Marketing team. Strong level of management.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
French mother tongue, fluent in German, Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken)
- Brand Strategies, retail brands as well as consumer brands
- Brand Strategy execution plans
- Market activation plans & budget
- E-Commerce sales
- Digital presence, WWW as well as agreed SOME areas
- CRM programme and execution
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision