GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,400 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,406 stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2019: EUR 4,037 million
- EBITDA 2019: EUR 604 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Infrastructure & Operations
Vice president IT
Main purpose of the role
As the Director of Infrastructure & Operations you have responsibility for leading GrandVision’s Group IT Infrastructure, Operations and Service delivery to support GrandVision’s Head Office (GVHQ) and supporting global business operations (OpCos). You will be responsible for ensuring a consistent, resilient, stable, and secure IT operations with appropriate Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans that are established and executable.
The primary purpose of this role is the planning, design, implementation, operation, maintenance, and improvement of GrandVision’s global technology infrastructure in order to meet or exceed agreed availability and performance targets within approved capital and operational expenditure budgets.
This role will have overall accountability for GVHQ’s infrastructure and operations which includes but is not limited to, server infrastructure, network services, Unified Communication services, storage and backup services, hosting/datacentre services (Public Cloud and Private Cloud), desktop services, file and print services, mobile services and authentication services and helpdesk support. And to deliver these services securely by making Cyber Security a high priority.
To provide effective technical and service performance levels that enable the delivery of business value at global and local level and supports overall business objectives including Forward GrandVision Transformation (RFH2, Rubik, LeanPOS, CLS, etc).
Working with IT leadership and align with the business to develop and execute overall IT strategy leading to future strategic infrastructure architecture, service delivery strategy, standards, and procedures to support business objectives and sustain competitive advantage.
You will lead a team of 15 to 20 FTE with internal and external ICT experts and also manage a number of strategic external partner relationships to provide secure infrastructure, operations and service delivery to GVHQ and the OpCos. You will be responsible for managing the overall departmental budget, which is around €8,5 Mio.
Detailed accountabilities of Director of Infrastructure Operations:
- Lead GVHQ’s IT Infrastructure & Operations team to be the trusted partner for the business.
- Responsible for providing secure Infrastructure, Operation Services and Service Delivery, including IT End User Services, Computer Operations, Network Services, Data Center Services (Public Cloud & Private Cloud) and Hardware Support Services to maintain customer satisfaction and to ensure quality standards, adherence to processes, policies, and service level agreements.
- Provide technical expertise (i.e., tactical and operational) on evaluation, selection, implementation, and maintenance of information systems.
- Establish and maintain Cyber Security strategies and policies.
- HR management responsibilities of Infrastructure & Operations team, including coaching and appraising.
- Accountable for controlling, mentoring, motivating and career development of Infrastructure & Operations team.
- Active member of the GrandVision Group IT Leadership Team
- Manage departmental and associated project budgets. Contribute to Group IT annual operating plan and operating budget for the department and monitor the implementation of these to ensure financial targets are met.
- Develop long term roadmap for Infrastructure technology, technical architecture, and service strategy aligned to the Global and local operating business objectives.
- Key contributor to the overall Group IT strategy, integrating technical and services strategy direction into the Global IT strategy.
- As part of the Group IT management team provide technology leadership and direction to local operating IT organisations.
- Establish technical standards, information and security policies and implement global governance procedures to manage compliance.
- Develop service level agreements to support effective running of GVHQ and global business operations.
- Responsible for running data centre operations (Public Cloud and Private Cloud) to agreed service level agreements to support GVHQ and global business operations (including Forward GrandVision transformation applications – RFH2, Rubik, CLS, LeanPos).
- Responsible for help desk and support services for GVHQ and global business operations (including Forward GrandVision transformation applications).
- Ensure confidentiality and reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property.
- Establish & maintain disaster recovery provisions and business continuity to support GVHQ and global business operations (including Forward GrandVision transformation applications).
- Develop and maintain relationships with local OpCos IT management teams to maximize sharing standards and synergies.
- Manage partners providing outsourced services ensuring that service level agreements and key performance indicators are met.
- Develop long term strategic relationship with external partners and solution providers who provide infrastructure and operation capabilities.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor or University Degree.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 15 years overall IT experience and a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in IT management positions within a large international organization. Employment history must demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility, including managing team of ICT professionals
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complex implementation of Infrastructure and Operations services including integration projects
- (C-level) Stakeholder manager skills
- Proven track record in building and managing highly effective teams
- Extensive experience of deploying Cloud Infrastructure (e.g., Infrastructure as a Service- IaaS; Platform as a Service -PaaS).
- Comprehensive experience of technical architectures, data centre and global wide area networks design and management (e.g., MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN)
- Extensive experience of managing global outsourcing contracts
- Proven experience of change management and leadership skills, with strong management experience of designing and implementing global shared services and global data centre operations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Preferably the abovementioned experience has been acquired in retail IT environments
- Proven communication skills and techniques with the ability to translate complex technologies and concepts into business language
- Ability to manage business politics
- Knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management (ITSM) desirable
- Good knowledge of Cyber Security strategies
- Strong knowledge of the latest technological advances in the Infrastructure and operations domain, e.g., cloud, as a service provision (Private Cloud, Public Cloud, IaaS, PaaS)
- Knowledge of Software as a Service (SaaS) integration to other platforms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platforms
- Knowledge of technical architectures, data centre and global wide area networks design and management (e.g., MPLS, SD-WAN, VPN)
- Knowledge of Security infrastructure components including routers, proxy servers, firewalls and DMZs, Wireless, remote access
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Proficient in English, written and spoken
- Result driven
- Business and people sensitive
- Takes initiative
- Customer centric
- Thoughtful leadership
- Clear Communication
- Team working
- Great Execution
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be succesful.