Come join a new, restless, agile, cross-disciplined, and experimental team, obsessed with deeply understanding and solving the most valuable customer journeys, needs, and pain points.
We are GrandVision, home of brands such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Solaris, Zonnebrillen.com and more!
Due to continuous growth our Customer Experience and Digital team is expanding with multiple brand-new positions! The CX&D team is unique. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization.
We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences. We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches..
As one of our Frontend Software Engineers you will get to own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features as well as own the front-end coding standards and quality guidelines and support in prioritization of new feature development.
We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun!
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 9 European countries and 11 retail brands within last 24 months. Our ambitious goal is to scale this platform to more countries and retail brands within the Group in the coming years as well as continuously innovate on customer features and platform capabilities
- Deeply understand the architectural principles of our unique best-of-breed platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) and actively advise on how to take it to the next level. Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies
- You will own the front-end coding standards and quality guidelines and support in prioritization of new feature development. You are accountable for the delivery and execution of the front-end customer experience of the global ecommerce product and its related features, performance and scalability; this product powers millions of customers every day
- We have 6 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey, you will be working in one of these teams
- You will work closely with (both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, architect and devops engineers.
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals, objectives, quality and coding standards.
- Deliver product incrementally in bi-weekly Agile scrum sprints and on schedule.
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives, and complies to our software & architecture principles.
- Work with the teams to identify improvements for existing and new core components and services, collaborate to define the solution direction
- Liaise with development leads, technical architects and front-end community to ensure knowledge sharing
- Writing and deploying clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Mentoring other members of the team via joint programming, code reviews, etc.
- Experience with React and Redux, including common patterns such as hooks, higher-order components, and selectors.
- Experience with at least one unit testing framework and a dedication to crafting meaningful tests that instil confidence in our development process
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or other IT related education
- 4-6 years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Senior level understanding of modern front-end web development
- Extensive experience working in scrum teams and knowledge of agile, lean and SAFe methodologies
- Strong skills and hands-on experience with: React, Typescript, SSR, CSS/bundling, NodeJS
- GraphQL as well as REST API experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Redux
- DevOps tooling: Github, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes
- You understand importance of performance, security, monitoring & logging aspects of building products
- Hands-on experience in designing & developing modern front-ends based on headless architecture, domain driven design
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.