GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Global Business Unit Sun Category Director, Amsterdam Area
The Global Business Unit Sun Category Director will have full P&L responsibility for this business and will oversee brand & marketing, category management & merchandising, finance, HR, sourcing (own and A brand), as well as online operations and sales.
A key objective will be to reposition the Sun category and make Solaris the preferred Sunglass destination globally by focusing on three key areas: operating model and governance, sales channels and acquisitions, and customer fulfillment and product value chain.
Current revenues of this Global Business Unit are 500€million and the objective is to double this, reaching 1€billion in 5 years. M&A will represent ca. 25% of this target, and online should be the biggest growth driver outside optical stores.
Reinforcing the central functions and mobilizing the local teams will be key to deliver the results.
Functional heads across the different areas of responsibility.
Other key relationships
VPs of the regions the markets Functional leaders Other Global Business Units Directors Suppliers
· Overall P&L responsibility for the Global Business Unit.
· Solaris Consumer Branding, including the Retail Brand positioning, equity & graphic identity, as well as the Product Brand positioning and structure.
· Assortment structure and supplier strategy. Ensuring a differentiated offer (EB and Licenses), customer fulfillment enabling regular refresh, and tailored collection plans triggering higher profits.
· Commercial activation, delivering contemporary, customer centric store formats, best in class marketing, and operational excellence and training.
· Developing new sales channels & acquisitions, including GV optical shop in shop, standalone (franchise & own), and online (including banner, pure play, and market places).
· Developing and executing an excellent operational model and governance.
· A strong and recognized retail and product brand
· Become the eyewear category killer, driving an attractive, fresh, and profitable assortment.
· A strong e-commerce platform, enabling a flawless customer journey.
· An upgraded operating model that enables consistent in-store executing and new opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader and people manager, focused on developing a high performing team and driving the business towards the objective of doubling turnover in 5 years.
He/She will have experience working in a matrix organization through a period of significant growth and digital/online transformation. He/she should also have a track record for managing cross-divisional, international teams over whom they have little formal authority.
The ideal background is marketing, with solid e-commerce understanding and ideally some retail experience.
Broad international experience is a must, as well as having an entrepreneurial approach, given the fact that there is no legacy and this Global Business Unit will have to be created from scratch.
· 15+ years of experience in the Consumer Goods sector, with a preference for durables, fashion and cosmetic products.
· Strong marketing background, including solid e-commerce/digital understanding, and ideally some retail experience
· Experience in managing full P&L of a business unit.
· Successfully leading a matrix organization structure through a period of significant growth and online transformation.
· Broad international experience including EMEA and ideally also in Asia, LATAM and North America.
· Leading Change
· Define roles and responsibilities, reinforcing the central functions and mobilizing the local teams towards a common vision.
· Develop a strong marketing/consumer orientation throughout the organization.
· Communicate new direction or changes with clear rationale and appeal.
· Advocate for new direction, take it onboard personally, even countering conventional practice.
· Speak at all available opportunities about future direction.
· Adjust communication style to changing situations and to respond to audience concerns (including culture, background, or style).
· Collaborating and Influencing
· Manage multiple international stakeholders and focus on connecting across disciplines and levels throughout the organization.
Candidate Profile GrandVision Retail Holding B.V.
· Facilitate discussions to enable people to collaborate with each other independently; promote collaboration across multiple parties.
· Identify and meet with key players and stakeholders to help them shape a consensus collectively and engage in a dialogue to reach a final conclusion together, compromising as necessary for results.
· Develop explicit understanding of which relationships are most important to the organization and its stakeholders, build a network prioritizing these relationships.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· Strong leader and people manager focused on developing a high performing team, able to build consensus and a culture of trust.
· Communicate long-term direction and collaborate with team on how to reach it.
· Delegate strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent; know the precise level of challenge and how individual team members will handle it.
· Set up forums or practices to reinforce independent and open communication among the team members.
· Hold people accountable for their commitments, providing clarity and outlining in advance ramifications of failure.
· Not afraid to make tough decisions.
· Able to work autonomously.
· Generates trust and helps build consensus.
· Assumes risks and is not afraid of trying new things.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.