GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Global Catalog Specialist
Senior Manager, Global Catalog
The Global Catalog Specialist is specifically responsible for:
- Data management (e.g. integrity, completeness) & governance for the SUN category (Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Brands) based on the Global Master Data Organization operating model, systems, data model & structure, etc.
- Data management of Sun category GV Global Catalog refresh on a regular basis according to Suppliers / Category Management and Operating Countries yearly planning
- Lead data quality improvements for SUN master data in coordination with the global Master Data Organization
- Support ongoing maintenance of SUN master data while ensuring adequate internal controls (Global Catalogue sanity check)
- Support IT tool migration through contributing to its design, implementation and change management. Significant training and collaboration with suppliers will be led by the candidate in order to drive an effective transition towards the new tool.
- Provide to the packshots team all the information needed to name images and process batches
- Drive continuous improvements by embracing data management’s best practices
- Drive Product master data reporting and KPIs
- Perform data analysis when required
Key expected deliverables (Non-Exhaustive):
As part of the Selection Operations team, the Global Catalog Specialist will oversee the:
- Pre and post Selection Days preparation
- Suppliers products data check before SD (Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Brands)
- Collect missing information or accurate data in case there are mistakes
- Point of contact of the SAP (iSynergy) team to ensure data consistency between PMDM and SAP
- Global Catalogue (GC) database maintenance – Ensure the 100% reliability of the data in the MD
- Out of GC integration and challenge with local and global Category Managers
- Assistance Hotline for Opcos on Global Catalogue (all year long)
- Definition of the necessary reports that could be extracted from the master data
- Provide GC + Non-GC data for analysis per category (phase in phase out/shapes, sell-in, country figures, etc.)
Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams including the Global Master Data Organization, Product Development, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Finance, Category Management, Selection Operations, Operating Countries, etc.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / other relevant fields of study
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality required
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced and changing environment, to prioritize multiple tasks and to engage cross-functionally with all work partners
- Must be Excellent at Excel and proficient at other MS Office software (e.g. Word, Outlook, PPT)
- Excellent oral and written English (main working language) and French is highly desired
- Understanding of typical concepts, practices, controls and procedures within BtoC Product Category Management highly desired
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of related professional experience
- Prior experience in working with data warehouses preferred
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
- Progress within same Business Unit – Category Management to more senior roles
- Global Catalog Management (cross category)
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision