GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Global Category director Sun
Business Unit Sun Director
- The Global Catman Director Sun directly reports into the Global Business Unit Director Sun.
- He / She is responsible for designing global sun assortment strategy of the group.
- He / She identify fashion trends and makes the interpretation within Sunglasses category.
- He / She searches for new brands around the world / negotiate and briefs Marketing Director sun on launch / Marketing campaign plans and supervise execution.
- He / She negotiates and liase with sourcing department the appropriate relationship framework with partners.
- He / She design in store layout and store planogram strategy.
- He She design and follow up a system for measuring linear meter productivity at brand and SKU levels.
- He / She designs and supervise execution of in and out strategy.
This above; inside and outside of GV retail stores, in a commercial dynamic of differentiation and with a solid and clear merchandising approach (visibility), enabling growth acceleration of the sun category sales and profitability.
Key missions are:
- Analyse and anticipate the sun (and eyewear) market evolutions worldwide;
- Lead the analysis of sun cat. performances, of the collection plan structure and of the products’ lifecycle management (together with Supply Chain teams);
- Define the products’ offer / collection plan in order to match (anticipate) customers’ needs as well as the various banners’ (and stores’) positioning;
- Define and lead merchandising actions and guidelines, encompassing also pricing recommandation ;
- Lead the Group Selection Committee for Sun, composed of key OpCo’s, as well as the relationship with suppliers in regards to selection process (incl. masterdata and marketing product opportunities) ;
- Brief the EB Sun development team on the needs of Sun (capsule collection, pricing, quality)
- Partner with Marketing Manager Sun (and suppliers / Supply Chain) to build the best-in-class commercial activities’ calendar for the sun category (Sale, novelties, exclusivities, …) and follow-up the implementation with the support of Sales and Marketing teams
- Monitor actively the Supply Chain KPI’s of Sun category with support of Supply Chain teams ;
- Input for the business reviews and contractual negotiations with key sun suppliers ;
- Lead, develop, motivate and coordinnate a the team.
- He / She collaborates with the global Optic category Director, Regional Directors Sun, local catman , as well as with the Supply Chain, MasterData, Procurement and Sun Marketing teams.
- Creation and animation of a global Catman community aimed at supporting sun sales and defining global strategy (e.g: monthly calls, newsletters, workshops …)
- Coordinate and support elaboration of local sun assortment strategy for each banner
- Brief Marketing teams on go-to-market strategy (e.g: introduction of new brand / Privé Revaux)
- Brief Souring / negotiation with brands
Key performance indicators
- Global Sun sales + specific brand performance Vs Objectives.
- Deliver monthly Reports on Brand / SKU performance.
- Sell through ratios
- Linear meter productivity objectives
- Newness ratios
- Fulfilment ratios
Required qualifications/level of education
- 7+ years experience in fashion or cosmetics; previous international brand management experience preferred
- Experience in creating brand mapping according to assortment strategy buid up.
- Experience in searching and finding new trends and brands from different sources ( social media, liase with countries and trend agencies)
- Experience bringing new products and brands to market, as well as managing lifecycles with existing products/brands
- Strong project management experience as well as digital, social media and non-traditional media.
- Creative self-starter; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively with / through a cross-functional team and to communicate on senior management level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency in English and ability to travel as required
- Ability to lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team (internal and external)
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- High proficiency in English
- Willing to learn, diplomatic and ability to communicate and influence
- Digital-friendly and excellent command of Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint);
- Can-do mentality, ambitious, results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Enthusiasm, rigor and strong implication
- Organizational skills and ability to work in autonomy
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision