GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Global Category Manager- Sun products, Amsterdam Area
Head of Global Category Management – Sun products
Main purpose of the role
You’ll be the central commercial leader of the assigned product area, under the guidance of the Head of Category Management, delivering a Customer relevant offer in line with the SUN Business Unit, & Company strategy
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse (products, clients, competitors) and anticipate the market evolutions for the major operating countries + Lead the analysis of the various brands performances, collection plan structure (1,800 sku’s) and products’ lifecycle management + Monitor the KPI’s: revenue, margins, market shares... per brand, banner, country
- Bring forward strong industry, Category, consumer, customer and competitive insights and analytics to shape the opportunities and vision for the global category product range
- Build the best data and consumer insight driven global margin mix recommendations at a SKU level (including purchasing price record/negotiation and pricing recommendation) to ensure the best in class operational results on the Sun segment on and offline
- Lead the Global Selection Committee (composed by the eight major countries), and contribute to the relationship/negotiation with the suppliers
- Be the category killer building the best global products’ offer to ensure the highest performances for the current and future GrandVision country banners on and offline
- Support the Operating companies as well as Headquarter transversal support teams (Procurement, Product development, Concept store…) by providing structured analytical frameworks and strategic direction; support the process of identifying, evaluating and prioritizing consumer spaces for future breakthrough global business development
- Ensure the End to End product life cycle management on the category
- Hierarchically manage a Product Launch Manager in charge of coordination with concerned parties (Marketing, Suppliers, Sales and Supply Chain) to build the best go to market operations and commercial activities’ calendar, and follow-up the implementation
- Actively support the development of the global Category strategic plan, and global Category inputs into the Corporate strategic plan, as well as inputs into key adjacent forums (e.g., Category Councils, Category Workshops, Board presentations)
Frequent contact with business and functional leaders across the Regions and global teams. This role will work with key stakeholders on specific problems and requires interaction with Marketing, GPI, Insights & Analytics, Finance, Category data support team to discuss hypotheses and analyses. The Global Category Manager closely collaborates with the COE Frames & Private Label Sun Director, the Regional Sales Directors, and each local Product Category Director.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Higher education degree with top-tier academic background; MBA graduates preferred (e.g. Master in Business Management, Sales or Marketing).
- A minimum of 5 years responsible for a Category Product Assortment or a Collection, acquired in fast retailer omnichannel international businesses: Electronics, Consumer goods, Food & Beverages, Textile, Accessories, Cosmetics, Optic, Decoration
- Strong track record in defining and implementing differentiating and performant collection plans in an international and omnichannel network, managing products’ lifecycle, building pricing policy
- Experience managing hierarchically and transversally a team in a project mode
- Passion, sensitivity and intuition for product and trends.
- Fluent in English, French and Italian would be a plus
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Track record in catalysing action against recommendations in a prompt, efficient manner into a matrixial organisation
- Commercial, operational and analytical abilities. Results oriented and passion for winning. Number driven. Hands on mentality.
- Demonstrated sound, well-structured and excellent analytical capabilities, hypothesis-driven problem-solving orientation
- Ability to combine strategic vision and thinking with everyday tactical detail with a strong orientation to action
- Ability to build consensus and effectively influence stakeholders across different geographies, functions and levels of the organization
- Strong financial acumen (experienced in modeling and detailed financial analysis)
- Strong learning agility with proven ability to adjust and work across-cultures
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate complex business insights
- Effective inter-personal skills, relationship-builder who is collaborations-oriented and can effectively link the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Availability to travel abroad for key meetings, international selection days and project reviews
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.