GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
, Amsterdam Area
Part of Sun product Category Management Team
Head of Global Category Management – Sun products
Main purpose of the role
A strategic, inspirational and adaptable product manager is wanted who will report directly to the Head of Category Management. You will have the opportunity to improve the conversion rate once the customer starts the purchase flow, setting and executing a clear product strategy for your product category. You will need to evangelise that strategy throughout the organisation while implementing e-commerce assortment standards aiming operational excellence and the highest market competitivity.
You will have the opportunity to communicate with and respond to the needs of stakeholders in commercial, editorial and technology, without losing focus of your product strategy. You should be able to form hypotheses about what will benefit the business and the users based on the knowledge and ideas of yourself, the team and the wider stakeholders. You will use the results of data analytics and qualitative user research to test those hypotheses, revising or dropping them as the evidence suggests.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and Analyse products, clients, competitors data and anticipate the market evolutions for the major operating countries + Lead the analysis of the various brands performances online
- Feed the Global Category Management team with Specific online product needs including specific product lifecycle
- Define the online product tactics (including cost/facing/pricing) at a SKU level in line with PCM Strategy & Tactics to ensure consistency/complement among all distribution channels on a specific universe
- Develop with Suppliers and Private label teams some Online specific ranges to complete the regular offline offer
- Ensure profitability and performance of its range on all Online V platforms (Optical banner websites, Local Sun pure players, Global Sun website,…)
- Optimise the eCommerce flow to acquire new and retain existing subscribers
- Evangelise the product vision to the technical team, immediate stakeholders and organisational executives
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders with a firm but fair attitude
- Own the product roadmap, ensuring it balances short terms needs with strategic vision
- Ensure the End to End product life cycle management and coordination with Marketing, Supply Chain and E-com S&Op teams to unsure the best performances for the category online
Frequent contact with business and functional leaders across the Regions and global teams. This role will work with key stakeholders on specific problems and requires interaction with Marketing, GPI, Insights & Analytics, Finance, Category data support team to discuss hypotheses and analyses. The Global Category Manager closely collaborates with the COE Frames & Private Label Sun Director, the Regional Sales Directors, and each local Product Category Director.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Higher education degree with top-tier academic background; MBA graduates preferred (e.g. Master in E-commerce, Business Management, Sales or Marketing).
- At least 10 years of successful experience in delivering Digital and eCommerce experiences (web and mobile) in an international context ideally for an omnichannel FMCG retailer. With a proven positive track record in terms of project successfully launched and positive business and customer indicators.
- Strong track record in defining and implementing differentiating and performant collection plans in an international and omnichannel network, managing products’ lifecycle, building pricing policy
- Strong data driven Product and Project Management skills
- Experience in digital marketing
- Experience in running eBusiness daily activities a plus
- Good understanding of web and mobile technologies and ability to interact/challenge with technical counterparts
- Experience of working transversally with a team in a project mode
- Passion, sensitivity and intuition for product and trends
- Fluent in English, French and Italian would be a plus
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Excellence in product management, ideally with a strategic / business analysis approach
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and understand that they are there to help define the way forward / what success looks like and communicate it
- Ability to combine strategic vision and thinking with everyday tactical detail with a strong orientation to action
- Able to understand and prioritise technical debt / tactical work and communicate why this is important to deliver to business stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience working with cross-functional development teams
- Data driven - uses data and metrics to set experiments, prioritise and measure success
- Commercially minded, have a deep understanding what drives our business
- Ability to build consensus and effectively influence stakeholders across different geographies, functions and levels of the organization
- Strong financial acumen (experienced in modeling and detailed financial analysis)
- Strong learning agility with proven ability to adjust and work across-cultures
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, sometimes demanding with conflicting requirements and priorities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate complex business insights
Availability to travel abroad for key meetings, international selection days and project reviews
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.