GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Global Head of Digital Execution & Outcome
A perfect match in global retail & digital transformation.
As a part of GrandVision’s cool new global Customer Experience & Digital (CX&D) team, you will take part in defining and driving a ‘true transformation’. Be prepared for an interesting journey of implementing customer experience led omni-channel transformation. We want to build one platform within 3 years!
Eye Care: We Care More
“Eye is the window to the world”. In GrandVision, we care deeply about eye health and vision of millions of our customers around the world. Our mantra is “Eye Care: We Care More”. We not only provide our customers timely and quality access to eyecare products such as spectacles, contact lenses, sunglasses but also services such as eye tests, eyecare advice, early medical referrals etc.
Customer Experience and Digital (CX&D)
We are a new restless, agile, cross-disciplined, and experimental team, obsessed with deeply understanding and solving the most valuable customer journeys, needs, and pain points.
- We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences.
- We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches. The CX&D team is unique. It has no hierarchy; it is deeply meritocratic; it is truly liberal, international and LGBTQ friendly; and it is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization.
- We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun! If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.
- This is a super strategic role for Grandvision as we are accelerating our eCommerce journey tremendously. We are already in the process of rolling out a sophisticated API-first microservices-based “headless” eCommerce platform to multiple GrandVision OpCos from 2019 onwards including Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Benelux etc. Working parallel with the Global eCommerce delivery team, you will build a global GrandVision eCommerce Centre of Excellence. You will recruit a small team of 3-5 global digital experts, build a global community within GrandVision and work closely with almost 10-15 GrandVision operating companies (OpCos) to support their local eCommerce and digital marketing teams in delivering key eCommerce and omni-channel KPIs including
- eCommerce sales (sunglasses)
- eCommerce sales (contact lenses and accessories)
- eCommerce sales (prescription glasses)
- online appointment booking
- Actively help GV OpCos is achieving eCommerce sales by giving hands-on support, expertise and guidance on
- Traffic acquisition (SEO, Paid Search, Display, Paid Social)
- eCommerce conversion optimization and a/b testing
- E-CRM and retention /x-sell
- Develop, maintain and improve best practices for eCommerce conversion – based on lessons learnt from multiple websites from multiple countries; proactively educate the local eCommerce team on the best practices by doing face-to-face workshops in countries as well as skype calls
- Constantly align online experience with offline store experience and ensure omni-channel consistency across channels e.g. product pricing, promotions, assortment, commercial policies, design & branding etc.
- Using the Global Analytics Dashboard created by Global Data Science & Analytics team, constantly track leading indicators for all GrandVision OpCos and their eCommerce performance on a daily basis and take remedial actions. The leading indicators include (not limited to)
You and your team will be duly incentivised on achieving the end outcome. So you don’t only suggest actions to our OpCos – you must follow up and ensure that the actions are taken and implemented to quality and within time /budget. You are jointly responsible – along with the OpCo eCommerce team – for eCommerce sales and other digital KPIs
Knowledge and experience
- Advanced hands-on operational knowledge of day-to-day eCommerce operations and digital marketing including pricing, promotions, SEO, Paid Media (Paid Search, Display, Paid Social), assortment, content, CRM, analytics, A/B testing, website optimisation, customer service, returns, delivery etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Advanced knowledge of e-Commerce platforms
Chief Digital Officer and Global VP of Customer Experience
- 3-5 direct reports (the team will grow over time as eCommerce become a bigger part of our revenue share)
- Cross-functional team management (typically eCommerce teams of all GV OpCos)
Required qualifications/level of education
- Master degree, preferably in Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or omni-channel commerce products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large omni-channel retailer)
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Hands-on; less theory and more action oriented
- Non-emotional; logical, rational and no-nonsense realist
- Customer obsessed – the most important KPI is customer delight!
- Very fast in understanding urgency and delivering against tight timelines
- Self-aware; you know what you don’t know!
- People manager – have deep empathy for team members
- Capability to anticipate issues /risks well in advance
- Highly adaptable to new environments, new people, new culture; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience
- High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact
- Motivated self-starter with positive customer-first can-do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to affectively collaborate with all professional levels and 44 different countries and culture
- Ability to work self-sufficiently
- Ability to handle change, crisis and issues calmly
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.