Are you someone who lives to write infrastructure-as-a-code?
We are GrandVision, home of brands such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Solaris, Zonnebrillen.com and more!
Due to continuous growth our Customer Experience and Digital team is expanding with multiple brand-new positions! The CX&D team is unique. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization
As Global Lead DevOps Infrastructure Engineer you’ll co-create our own unique platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless). Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences. We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches.
We build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success, but in order to do this at our scale we need an expert release manager who makes sure that all our releases go smoothly and are of the highest quality with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 9 European countries and 11 retail brands within last 24 months. Our ambitious goal is to scale this platform to more countries and retail brands within the Group in the coming years as well as continuously innovate on customer features and platform capabilities. This means that we will execute more than 150+ releases per year with our current way of working – and we want to increase this even further!
We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun!
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Own, create, maintain, and continuously update our global omnichannel eCommerce platform release trains with new customer features. We build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success, but in order to do this at our scale we need a expert release manager who makes sure that all our releases go smoothely and are of the highest quality with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 9 European countries and 11 retail brands within last 24 months. Our ambitious goal is to scale this platform to more countries and retail brands within the Group in the coming years as well as continuously innovate on customer features and platform capabilities. This means that we will execute more than 150+ releases per year with our current way of working – and we want to increase this even further!
- Deeply understand the architectural principles of our unique best-of-breed platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) and actively advise on how to take it to the next level. Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies
- Servant leader who facilitates program level processes and execution, drives continuous development, manages risks and escalates impediments
- You live to write infrastructure-as-a-code
- Co-create our own unique platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless). Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
- We have 6 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey. Part of your time, you will be working in one of these teams but rest of the time you will be acting as a Lead DevOps Engineer lead across all 6 teams and ensure adherence to DevOps architecture and code-level execution. You will act as a coach to all DevOps Engineers.
- Your focus as part of the team is to provide the best operating infrastructure and development pipelines as possible. The developers are your customers and also your team members. Next to serving your team, you will work together with your peer DevOps engineers in the other teams to oversee the full eCommerce platform.
- Your focus in on automation and scripting of activities to streamline the delivery, being able to provide feedback to developers about your needs to be able to maintain the platform, validate the development output on maintainability and security.
- Beeing part of a cross-functional team (combining both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, front- and back end developers, architects and QA engineers experts while working with stakeholders in the local markets to make sure we execute to the highest quality and in a standard way of working.
- You will proactively monitor the platform and will address needed upgrades and improvements.
- You will deep dive in logging and monitoring tools if an incident occurs, support the first line support team which is nearshored, and will prioritize with stakeholers appropriate actions to deliver a high performing platform.
- Negotiate trade-offs with (technical) stakeholders – both globally and in the markets to ensure we get the best customer experience and business value from our 24/7 online stores
- Partner with multiple GV HQ experts to get insights in performance based on different sources of data to help improve the quality of the releases
- Support multiple, concurrent releases/projects in various phases of ideation, preparation & execution.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in Science or Engineering
- 7+years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Extensive knowledge sharing on agile, lean and SAFe
- Large group facilitation and overseeing the bigger picture
- Expert knowledge and experience with CI/CD tooling within a DevOps environment in Microsoft Azure cloud. Deep knowledge in Azure DevOps, Terraform, Kubernetes and ELK (Kibana, Logstash and Elasticsearch).
- Moderate knowledge of Agile at Scale (SAFe or other)
- Advanced knowledge of English (both written & spoken)
- Advanced experience working within a bigger strategic program with multiple domain teams.
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with headless e-Commerce platforms and Microservices architecture
- Preferred: solid experience in scaling or rolling out a new e-commerce platform towards an omni-channel future in high pace.
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.