GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Global Master Data Leader
This role will be part of Global Supply Chain management.
Main purpose of the role
We are looking for a data management leader who is going to influence and lead the execution of global Master Data Management & Governance of a 3,7 bn Euro Leading Optical Retailer. We look for a resilient, passionate and disciplined Data Leader who understands the role of a Global master Data management and consider data driven approach to the business as a strategic enabler for sustainable success. This senior leader will shape the future of Master Data Management to support and drive sustainable growth.
- Oversee central Global master data Management operations and support extended operations to local Opcos across multiple global locations and languages
- Act as the business lead on projects related to the Enterprise Master Data Management programs to capture business requirements and validate that those requirements are met by the completion of each project
- Full accountability for Global product master data Budget definition and management
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes and business objectives within PMDM organization and formulate Master data strategy accordingly while building consensus with business stakeholders
- Provide thought leadership in the Master Data management space by establishing best practices and creating execution plan for the overall data strategy vision
- Develop and manage operational workflows to support Master Data management initiatives
- Design internal controls on data elements in line with GrandVision Data Strategy
- Demonstration of continued progression and experience acting as business solution owner, including PIM and MDM tool configuration, DAM support ,cleansing & operating processes
- Create a multi-function cooperative environment in building strategy for Master Data Management and implement the strategy and evolution of the MDM capabilities following key strategic business drivers
- Act as the owner of centralized unique point of reference for master data (single point of truth
- Empower and inspire a high-performing team of Master Data and PIM professionals to provide integrated data architecture, consistent data delivery and robust data governance program with data quality monitoring and operations
- Serve as a workstream leader for the data track of a large SAP ECC and SAP MDG implementation and maintenance
- Provide leadership support to end-to-end Information (Supplier to Customer) Architects on tools and data roadmap for reference and master data program
- Drive the team to create architecturally sound solutions to proactively identify and resolve data-related quality issues for transactional or reference data, instituting DQM dashboards where needed and relevant KPI system
- Building and implement the strategy and evolution of the MDM capabilities
- Adoption and maintenance of corporate data policies
- Responsible for establishing operational data governance across all business systems by creating a framework and working with functional leaders to define roles and responsibilities
- Collaborate with leader peers, vendors and across the organization on data solution
- Educate on data management, master/reference data processes, applications and business rules
Required qualifications/level of education
- Master's degree from an accredited college/university,
- 10+ years hands-on experience in directing Master Data Management programs, including article profiling, sourcing, finance and quality programs
- Mastering multiple data technologies and processes such as MDM, data architecture, data modeling, data governance, data quality,
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience with industry leading MDM tools
- Experience developing Data Governance principles, standards and procedures
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, managing and leading teams
- Strong vendor/customer management experience with proven track record of delivering customer-centric master data initiatives to successful steady state
- Provide strong team leadership
- Understand data structures, modeling, and complex data relationships, including structured and proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through transformation
- 5+ years of leading and driving large enterprise programs, with strong program and project management experience
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, metadata management, and tools strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of data mastering and reference data management principles
- Experience leading complex, matrixed teams in a larger organization
- Exceptional executive, team, and business stakeholder communication.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.