GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Main purpose of the role
Core responsibilities of the master data officer are:
Day to day management of requests and changes
· Fully understand the data maintenance processes and use this knowledge to effectively manage future system data changes
· Check and approve master data creation and/or change requests, in line with data quality standards and agreed governance
· Enter, test and release master data items in the SAP or other related system(s)
· Efficiently monitor tickets, prioritize and deal/dispatch to achieve fulfilment of KPIs (within data quality standards)
· Keep regular communication with all interested parties, ensuring that they know the status of pending requests and any related issues
· Run reports and queries to highlight data quality issues
Supporting the business
· Understand different business areas and related data management needs
· Provide business ‘helpdesk’-type support pertaining to master data management and act as first line support (point of information and escalation) for the business
· Provide necessary training to the local data officers and local power users within the region
· Build and maintain good relationship with the business (e.g.: requestors, local data officers, etc.)
· Provide information and knowledge to business
Developing Careers & Potential
We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Key performance indicators
· The master data requests must be finalized within SLA
· Happy customers, Create fans
· >90% First time right
Required qualifications/level of education
· College / Associate's degree
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· Self-motivated and proactive in approach to work
· Strong attention to detail
· Organizing and prioritizing skills
· Team player and cooperative
· Adaptable and flexible in approach
· Ability to work under pressure/tolerant of stress and frustration
· Ability to remain firm to standards and governance under pressure to short-cut
· Openness to continuous learning
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.