GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
, Amsterdam Area
Global Product Launch and E2E Lifecycle coordinator part of Sun product Category Management Team
Global Category Manager – Sun products
Main purpose of the role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This role will manage the end to end execution planning, launch roll out and full product lifecycle management for the defined category product portfolio. This role will be responsible for getting new products to market (online & offline) with best in class execution across all functions (product, sales, marketing, supply chain etc.). It will project manage multiple launches and ensure all plans are delivered on time and on brand across all channels and within agreed timescales and budget. This role requires someone with experience with FMCG retail launchbackground, ideally in a marketing role, with a combination of strong project/program management skills (PRINCE2 methodology) and an understanding of the supply chain omnichannel constrains. You will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills across all levels & able to effectively operate in a complex matrix organisation, handling multiple tasks and priorities at the same time.
- New Product Launch co-ordination: Effectively manage resources within all stakeholders (internal & external), schedule and quality of deliverables through the full project and is responsible for the success of the product Launches
- Product lifecycle management: Manage the article lifecycle status of the range at a SKU level. In line with Global Category manager product strategy, define the global product lifecycle guidelines at a SKU level and follow-up implementation from product launch to phase out/end of stock for all GV Operating companies
- Set and follow-up the new GV Global and Local stock freshness monitoring system together with Business insight and Supply chain teams. Manage Actively the Stock levels and propose dedicated Action plans and specific product flows when necessary.
- Contribute to the implementation and continuous improvement of a New Product Launch methodology and product lifecycle management standards at a Global and Local level
- Communicate and lead to establish a common understanding of project timelines, milestones, and expectations on delivery
- Provide direction to project resources, monitor development efforts, assemble key project deliverables, and intelligently identify issues and risks requiring escalation when reporting project status
- Establish a trusted / strategic advisor relationship with key internal stakeholder across multiple departments in Global organization as well as GV operational local companies
- Establish and manage effective working relationship with other project managers assigned to numerous simultaneous departmental projects to ensure operational readiness for the new product market launch
- Establish and run a communication platform for maintaining all stakeholder regularly informed about the project progress
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor's degree, in Sciences or Business or Management
- Requires experience in the capacity of Product Portfolio manager or Project Manager during at least of 3 to 5 years
- Knowledge or experience in DSI, multichannel stock and product supply chain management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or equivalent, Projects portfolio management tool
- Professional certification credentials (PMI CAPM/CPM, Prince 2 Foundation & Practitioner, or equivalent), are a plus
- Previous experience in Fast moving consumer goods product management or product launch management, are a plus.
- Clear and concise communication in English with diverse audiences, including executive management, in both oral and written contexts. Strong and proven ability to manage and deal with different cultures and nationalities
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- At Ease with 4P approach and strong track record of multiple simultaneous project portfolio management
- Superb organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- High standards and a low threshold for errors and inefficient processes.
- Ability to work independently in global cross-functional matrix organization, where teams are virtual and in different time zones
- Strong sense of ownership and self-motivation
- Proactive approach and follow-up on resolution and customer satisfaction
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to help define the way forward / what success looks like and communicate it
- Ability to combine strategic vision and thinking with everyday tactical detail with a strong orientation to action
- Able to understand and prioritise technical debt / tactical work and communicate why this is important to deliver to business stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, sometimes demanding with conflicting requirements and priorities
- Articulate and clear communicator, be able to translate between technical, marketing and business stakeholders
- Ability to build consensus and effectively influence stakeholders across different geographies, functions and levels of the organization
- Strong learning agility
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate complex business insights
Availability to travel abroad for key meetings, international selection days and project reviews
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.