Want to contribute in bringing about our digital transformation on a global scale?
We are GrandVision, home of brands such as Pearl, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Solaris, Zonnebrillen.com and more!
With currently 7000+ stores and a team of 39,000+ employees globally, you’ll want to jump on the bandwagon like many other top quality candidates have and join a growing business.
Based right next to Schiphol Airport, close to the unique yet world-famous lights of Amsterdam, we offer a truly global work environment.
We are proud to have built a global platform which we have been expanding geographically over the past months, a large-scale project that is still ongoing.
As our new Global Release Manager, you will be working with the latest technology, managing a large and diverse group of stakeholders. We build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success, but in order to do this at our scale we need an expert release manager who makes sure that all our releases go smoothly and are of the highest quality.
It is a great time to join GrandVision, as we are experiencing high growth and continue expanding our business. As part of our Customer Experience & Digital team, this role will give you visibility and the opportunity to make a real impact on the business, directly contributing to the customer experience and in bringing about our digital transformation.
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Own, create, maintain, and continuously update our global omnichannel eCommerce platform release trains with new customer features. We build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success, but in order to do this at our scale we need an expert release manager who makes sure that all our releases go smoothely and are of the highest quality. Currently we are live with the platform in 10 brands /8 countries and our ambitious goal is to deliver it to all 30 brands /44 countries within the Group in the coming years! We execute more than 180+ releases per year with our current AGILE way of working (bi-weekly sprints) – and we want to increase this velocity even further!
- Servant leader who facilitates program level processes and execution, drives continuous development, manages risks and escalates impediments
- Keep close collaboration with internal CX&D development squads as well as all external 3rd party SaaS software providers and maintain a release diary of their major and minor upgrades (eg Bloomreach CMS, CommerceTools commerce APIs, Algolia search APIs, upgrades to internal microservices, launch of new features etc.); notify all operating companies of the forthcoming releases so that they are prepared
- Create documentation and audit trail for ALL releases
- Carefully balance quality of Release and Release process vs time to market
- Co-create our own unique platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless). Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
- We have 6 x Development Squads (each Squad has 13-14 people each) that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey, you will be working with all of them:
- Browse to Order (PLP, PDP, Landing Pages, Home Page, Campaign Pages, Site Search & Merchandising)
- Order to Cash (Cart /Checkout /Payment)
- Prescription Glasses (lens onfigurator for glasses ecommerce, frame recommender, digital eye test integration, shopping cart for glasses single vision and multi-focal)
- Wear to Care (My Account, customer details, order history, payment history, Re-Orders)
- Web to store /omnichannel (Advanced Appointment Booking, Subscription, Store Employee app, Endless Aisle)
- Roll out Team: onboard new brands /new countries to the global platform
- Lead cross-functional teams (combining both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, front end developers, back end developers, architects, QA engineers & DevOps experts while working with stakeholders in the local markets to make sure we execute to the highest quality and in a standard way of working
- You will own the Release Calender and constantly prioritize with all stakeholers on the order of new features. This involves exposure to Director level contacts around the globe.
- Champion the need of superior QA and CX throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives
- Negotiate trade-offs with business and technical stakeholders – both globally and in the markets to ensure we get the best customer experience and business value from our 24/7 online stores
- Partner with multiple GV HQ experts to get insights in performance based on different sources of data to help improve the quality of the releases
- Manage multiple, concurrent releases/projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery with a large group of stakeholders
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Extensive knowledge sharing on agile, lean and SAFe
- Large group facilitation and overseeing the bigger picture
- Advanced knowledge of English (both written & spoken)
- Advanced knowledge of Agile at Scale (SAFe or other)
- Moderate/Advanced knowledge and experience with CI/CD tooling within a DevOps environment in Microsoft Azure cloud
- Advanced experience working within a bigger strategic program with multiple teams, to apply project management skills
- Moderate knowledge and experience working with headless e-Commerce platforms and Microservices architecture
- Preferred: solid experience in scaling or rolling out a new e-commerce platform towards an omni-channel future in high pace.
- Degree preferably in Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience, leading to same level of knowledge
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.