GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Intern, Global Sustainable Development
GrandVision is currently looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and proactive intern to support the development of our 2019 integrated reporting and sustainability strategy.
Communicating about our Sustainability Journey is a key activity for GrandVision. It not only demonstrates our commitment to transparency, but it also motivates a variety of sustainability processes and initiatives locally and globally, shaping our global thinking and strategy about sustainable development.
The internship presents a unique opportunity to learn about sustainability & integrated reporting, sharpen your analytical skills and develop as a writer and communicator.
Your key role will be to support the development of the Sustainability Content in the Annual Report and on the Company Website, and to make sure to organize the data and information gathering from our operating companies around the world.
You will be supervised by the Head of Corporate Social Responsibility.
· Data collection: Collecting metrics that measure our social, environmental and governance (ESG) impact.
· Communication: Drafting content on our ESG initiatives and impact; updating the sustainability section of the corporate website & corporate newsletter.
· Research: Independent research on specific sustainability topics.
· Community creation: Support the creation of GrandVision’s global CSR community by planning regular engagement communication & activities.
For this role we are looking for someone who has already has a BA degree and/or a MA/MSc degree in a field related to Communications, CSR, Environment, Social Studies or Sustainability.
· have strong affinity with Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility;
· are comfortable in an international environment and have excellent command of English (daily work in English). Further languages are always a plus;
· are comfortable with collecting and analysing data;
· are open-minded and creative;
· are very well-organized and can work independently;
· have a hands-on mentality.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.