GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,400 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,406 stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2019: EUR 4,037 million
- EBITDA 2019: EUR 604 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Head of Academy
3 x Learning & Development Managers
Main purpose of the role
GrandVision is a people-focused business where retail staff make up approximately 90% of our workforce. Ensuring the right knowledge is at the fingertips of our employees & developing our people so that we have the right capabilities in stores, is a critical part of our DNA.
As the Global Head of the GrandVision Academy, you are responsible for:
- Defining & implementing the global-local learning and development operating model for the company
- Ensuring transparency & clarity on global-local learning budgets
- Developing a plan to increase the impact in value of learning interventions across the company
- Manage the transition from our current LMS towards an in-house application, making learning accessible on portable devices and putting it directly into the hands of the shopfloor
- Ensure we have the appropriate IT infrastructure available to deploy learning programs & track their consumption & impact
- Ensure all policies, processes & practices are in compliance with ISO13485, embedding our company-wide certification process
- Establish clarity about the contribution of the Academy in driving and delivering on the GV transformation agenda, while increasing scope & impact
- Lead a small team of L&D Managers in the global team focused on retail excellence, leadership & transformation, who source, create & deliver content globally, working with lead countries.
- In 2021, you will launch a Learning Advisory Board to use ensure maximum adoption of learning content, more efficient exchange of existing best practices (content & delivery) and serve as a filter to reduce duplications in training content creation at local level.
- You will develop a global learning & development strategy, roadmap, and curriculum, making use of existing best-practice programs and training capabilities existing locally. You will design and implement a global Learning & Development approach that is aligned with & integrated into the individual performance management process for different roles and levels throughout the company. You will have a relentless focus on being able to show a commercial return on the investments made in training.
- In addition, you will work with your team to establish a strong functional L&D community, to activate global training portfolio, share best practises & learn from each other. In order to drive a transformation in the learning environment of GrandVision you will need to be adept at operating optimally in a matrixed & decentralized environment.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Relevant University degree in Education or Business
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in corporate learning & development
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Team player
- Strong work ethic
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Prior experience in setting up corporate academies or learning infrastructure
- Solid understanding of design & delivery of learning programs via various methodologies across multiple countries
- Experience in retail is preferred, but not a must
- Prior experience in leading teams
- Extensive experience at stakeholder alignment
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Solid business acumen
- Project management experience
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be succesful.