Looking for a role where what you do has a big impact?
We are GrandVision, home of brands such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Solaris, Zonnebrillen.com and more!
As our new Head of Ophthalmic Lens Category Management, you will be responsible for defining and building the Lenses Category strategy as well as coordinating its implementation among all GrandVision markets. You will be working on global level with Operating Companies in many different countries and will partner up with several internal departments to enable growth acceleration of the Lenses category sales and profitability. If you are someone who has worked in retail operations as a category manager or an area manager and wants to be responsible for your own category on global level, read on! We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Responsible for defining and building the Lenses Category strategy as well as coordinating its implementation among all GV markets
- identifying trends, based on input to the MCCI department, and interprets and translates trends into insights for the category
- Holding a business relationship with lens suppliers focusing on commercial and category related aspects supported by Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Providing input to the development of tactical plans, and/or specifies new Lenses, processes or standards based on the commercial strategy of the company
- Analysing and monitoring performance of the Ophthalmic Lenses category based on customer benefits and based on financials with a specific focus on the multifocal and sun prescription categories
- Ability to operate independently, successfully implement changes in the end-to-end product value chain (both upstream and downstream) that will result in higher revenue and lower costs for the Lenses category
- Working together with Operating Companies to contribute to an efficient and effective value chain for the Lenses category.
- Category strategy definition
- Define the Global category strategy and coordinate its implementation
- Set up the action plan to reach the targets (turnover, margin, defined in the strategic plan and budget)
- Analyze and anticipate market evolutions worldwide; Scout market and consumer trends for new developments and scout potential partners for innovative category steering.
- Ensure global category inputs into the company strategic plan, as well as inputs into key adjacent forums
- Support the operating companies as well as head quarter transversal support teams by providing structured strategic and operational directions.
- Lead the analysis of category performance and create the global dashboarding for the category supported by finance.
- Brief the Marketing teams (and suppliers / Supply Chain) to build the best trade marketing plan and calendar and follow-up the implementation with the support of Sales and Marketing team
- Category offer definition
- Be the category killer building the best global brand offer ensuring the highest performances (for the current and future GrandVision country banners).
- Global guidelines (brand roles & tactics, brand mapping) at Global and banner profile levels.
- Sourcing of new brands to cover white spots in our brand portfolio/assortment and keep the momentum on the category thanks to regular hot new launches.
- Category performance steering
- Set the category KPIs to ensure the Strategy’s success and monitor the Global portfolio and OpCo performance.
- Define relevant sales segments and focus areas for performance management
- Set up and monitor sell-out targets per segment/OpCo (yearly), revised once a year (Global and banner profile levels).
- Set & follow up of key action plans with Regional teams
- Suppliers’ strategy
- Together with Procurement, lead the supplier strategy definition including project (exclusivities, etc.) condition negotiations.
- Close partnership to adapt product developments and marketing strategies to our customers’ needs and companywide efficiency projects (e.g. assortment harmonization, rework & remake)
- Identify and define yearly global initiatives/calendar with suppliers that drive the performance of the category, not limited to marketing initiatives but also on staff training, KPI’s and products.
- Marketing & store support
- Develop the trade marketing global plan and requirements to support the defined strategy of the category (both single vision and multifocal). Follow-up of its implementation with the support of the Marketing teams.
- Align and review Trade Marketing plan and global initiatives to performance and OpCo feedback, taking corrective actions to ensure adequate category strategy across all markets.
- Manage (lead, develop, coordinate and motivate) the local Category managers in their day to day to deliver performance in their OpCo’s, being a clear sparring partner for them and local MT’s.
- Implementation of a new team organization and set-up of category processes.
- Build-out team after assessment & strategy phase
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in retail, in a technical product category (e.g. skincare) or at supplier side, preferably from the optical industry;
- Finished university education (BA or MSc)
- High proficiency in English and ability to travel as required
- Experience in creating assortment strategy on a technical product category.
- Experience in managing a category (incl. P&L – revenue and margin responsibility)
- Experience in searching and finding new trends
- Strong project management experience
- Experience in supplier negotiations
- Digital-native and excellent command of Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint) and any IT tool that support category management (e.g. Stibo, O9, etc.)
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
- Creative self-starter; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively with / through a cross-functional team and to communicate on senior management level in a non-hierarchical way
- Can-do mentality, ambitious, results oriented
- Enthusiasm, rigor coupled with a high level of energy to generate a positive impact
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful