For our office in Paris, we are currently recruiting a Head of Product and Development for our Global Exclusive Brands team. This is a 8 month assignment to cover a maternity leave. It is a great opportunity to manager a team of talented Product Development specialists and gain international exposure in a global environment.
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life. Our mission is committed to growth and achieving a market leading position in each country we operate in, and thereby create value for our stakeholders and customers.
The EB Head of Product Development will be part of the Eyewear Category, the Exclusive Brands team ( Company owned brands), maximizing differentiation, Comp growth profitability of the portfolio of 7 owned and operated sun and optics brands. The team defines the product plan and strategy for every brand/supplier at a SKU level & Ensures the best in class implementation.
- The EB head of Product Develoment is responsible for leading the products development of the fashion brands of our GV portfolio (Unofficial, Sensaya, Mikininn) by providing the best consumer centric proposition worldwide.
- Lead the research & development process and the product design & engineering. Plan the product development from concept to production within the global master calendar,combining passion, innovation and creativity, resulting in products that consumers love through a transparent and structured process.
- Manage & develop the team (5 FTEs)
- Scout trends from global trends to implement at brand / products level while satisfying global and regional needs by considering the differences in seasons, culture, regional trends etc….
- Provide Macro and seasonal trends for all brands of the portfolio Fashion & Essentials.
- Manage the Product Life Cycle from a trends and consumer perspective
- Gain markets insights by visiting the key-countries and key-regional clusters as well as attending key eyewear trade shows (Mido- Silmo), manage actively competitors’ analysis worldwide.
- Manage the products margin within group objectives, responsible of the cost structure
- Responsible of the planning for Product Development from concept to production within the global calendar
- Responsible for the development of the master datas for each collection of the brands portfolio.
- Manage the suppliers’ relationship for the products development part and contribute to the suppliers’ strategy development with the procurement team (SSP).
- Interface with Opcos for special projects in order to substain the business
- Co-lead with operation events to present the collections to all stakeholders and create excitement along the new products.
- Working alongside EB Content Marketing to define sales support strategies. Same for with training team and for store staff, ensuring assortment is sold successfully and with pride, collaborating with GV Academy and Operational Excellence teams.
Key skills, knowledge and experience:
- Higher education degree from a recognised Business School/University (e.g. Master in Business Management or Marketing).
- Strong experience in designing products
- A minimum of 8 years experience in similar roles acquired in Consumer Goods industry (eyewear, fashion/accessories) with international exposure.
- Strong track record in defining and implementing product development management, including design and product engineering. Customer focused with a sensitivity and intuition for product and trends/fashion worldwide.
- Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Gains the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and humility. Develops and maintains effective, open, and honest relationships
- Positive, customer first, can do attitude and strong resilience.
- Creative self-starter; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Can do attitude and solution oriented professional with good level of cultural sensitivity able to bond with different stakeholder in his region;
- Passionate Expert inspiring his/her team and audience to over deliver and always go the extra mile
- Results-oriented: Creates a culture of accountability and execution to ensure the collective achievement of business results and shareholder value
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
434,000 daily store visits
15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
Over 39,000 employees worldwide
Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful