GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
HR Internship, Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
The HR department of the Retail Support Store currently consists of 4 FTEs. The team is focusing on new flexible ways of deploying HR activities, always with our local countries in mind. We are responsible for HR in the broadest sense of the word: Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Recruitment, Talent Management, Onboarding, HR Analytics, Employee Survey, HR Operations and Absenteeism. Within the HR team we have created an opportunity for an internship (six months). This is the ideal opportunity for someone who wants to work, learn and support an international HR team. To apply for this internship means you will play an important role in our international team of key user’s driving usage, innovation, future trends and local deployment.
Reports to: HR Manager
Main purpose of the role: As an HR Intern at the Retail Support Store you will be working closely together with the HR Business Partner in the roll-out of global initiatives on an operational level within the HR department. This Internship will give you the opportunity to work on several HR related projects in different fields of interest. Please, note that this a practical internship and is not suitable for a thesis.
The following tasks and responsibilities will give an impression but will not be limited to:
· Compensation & Benefits (assist in communication and administration of grading house, maintain dashboard)
· Learning & Development (process and present information, arrange and monitor trainings and development opportunities for employees)
· HR Operations (Support HR Coordinator in international operational processes, contract administration, reach out to international mobility agencies, facilitate and help organize team sessions, roll-out of global initiatives)
Required qualifications/level of education
· You are currently studying HR, or Business Administration and looking for a full time Internship for a period of six months from 1 September 2019
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· High level of energy, pro activity and ambition to realise a positive impact
· Positive, customer first, figure- it- out- and- get- it- done- attitude
· Highly adaptable to new environments with a natural ability to embrace learning, change and develop through experience
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken) is a must
· Microsoft Excel
· Microsoft Publisher (or similar software)