GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
iStore Retail Development Intern, Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
GrandVision is offering an internship of at least 6 months, starting September 1st. This internship will be at the Global Retail Development Team, for our IT Department. We are based at Schiphol, The Netherlands
GrandVision is one of the global leading businesses in the optical retail industry, with presence in 46 countries.
What will you do?
• You will help by delivering functional support on our API first applications
• You will help set up and manage reporting
• You will build and explore workflow automation tools (Azure Logic Apps, Serverless)
• Help build middleware
• Giving hands where needed in a challenging project (manage task lists, etc.)
What will you learn and get?
• Working with different cultures in an international environment
• Experience at a global market leading retailer
• Daily operations in an ambitious development team
• Learn all about API’s and integration development
Who are we looking for?
• You are looking for an internship for 6 months
• MBO/HBO (graduation) level Computer Science & web development and English speaking – no native level needed!
• You are a digital native that understands the strengths of new world technologies. You are fast in picking up tolls (Office 365, Workflow management, API exploration)
Send your CV with a motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org