GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Project Manager Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
GrandVision Group IT Project Management Office (PMO), responsible for ensuring the planned and controlled delivery of key global technology projects. We do this by creating appropriate governance, reporting and decision-making frameworks within which the projects operate and support this through our professional Project Managers (PM) and Project Support Officers (PSO). We are looking for an additional Project Manager to support the Head of Projects in delivering our portfolio of projects.
Head of Projects, Group IT
Main purpose of the role
· Ensure the clear definition, planning, execution and go-live of projects on time, within budget and that meet or exceed project sponsor expectations.
· Apply standardized project management process(es) and deliver to a consistent project management approach for all projects.
· Support the development of business cases by estimating the one time and ongoing run costs of the IT deliverables.
· Prepare and present the key updates to the relevant governance forums.
Key performance indicators
· Clearly defined and initiated projects.
· Project team and all stakeholders are clear on the organisational structure roles and responsibilities for successful delivery.
· Clear planning and tracking demonstrating control.
· All deliverables to be clear, accurate and completely delivered.
· Risks & issues identified and mitigated in good time, no surprises.
· Sponsor(s) and key stakeholders are clear and agreed on the project status.
· Grandvision achieves the desired business outcomes of the projects.
Required qualifications/level of education
· Educated to Bachelor level.
· Qualification in one or more of the following; Prince2, IPMA, PMI, P3O.
· Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken) all business, internally and with our sister and partner companies is done through English.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· A team leader providing direction and support to the delivery team.
· High level of energy and ambition to make a positive impact and drive projects forward.
· Organised, meticulous and proactive.
· Able to prioritise, organize, communicate and delegate effectively.
· Having a positive customer first, can do attitude, keeps promises.
· Demonstrates a clear understanding the key metrics across the projects & programs to be able to support the project participants in their planning, decision making and risk management.
· Tenacious and adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
· Works collaboratively where impacting/impacted by other projects.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· 5-8 years IT project management experience with significant experience working in an IT project manager role within a complex organisation, there is a strong preference for previous retail or logistics experience.
· Experience of working on multiple projects and/or programs simultaneously, and within a portfolio of other projects.
· Managing multi track deliveries.
· Leadership of significant projects, value €1m+ and duration 12m+.
· Experienced working within international teams and international projects.
· Knowledge and experience of PMO tools, methodologies and best practices.
· Experience using MS Office, Project and SharePoint.
· Presentation of key projects at senior business stakeholder level.
· Understanding of project financial administration and creating a project spend and forecast for inputs to monthly reporting and quarterly budgeting.
· Working with 3rd party delivery partners, supplier management.
· Implementation/deployment of relevant IT projects, ERP, Ecommerce, PoS projects, etc.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.