If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here!
We are GrandVision, well-known by our retail banners such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Apollo, Solaris, and many more!
Our global store network are the go-to locations for all the top brands in the eyewear industry, including Ray-Ban, Oakley, Esprit, Careera, but also popular for our comprehensive selection of exclusive and indie brands.
Due to continuous growth our Customer Experience and Digital team is expanding with 10 brand-new positions! The CX&D team is unique. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization
CX&D an international, restless, Agile, Design-thinking, cross-disciplined, and experimental team, obsessed with deeply understanding and solving the most valuable customer journeys, needs, and pain points. We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences.
We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches..
We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun!
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
- Own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 9 European countries and 11 retail brands within last 24 months. Our ambitious goal is to scale this platform to more countries and retail brands within the Group in the coming years as well as continuously innovate on customer features and platform capabilities.
- Deeply understand the architectural principles of our unique best-of-breed platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) and actively advise on how to take it to the next level. Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies
- You will own the front-end coding standards and quality guidelines and support in prioritization of new feature development. You are accountable for the delivery and execution of the front-end customer experience of the global ecommerce product and its related features, performance and scalability; this product powers millions of customers every day
- We have 6 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey. Part of your time, you will be working in one of these teams but rest of the time you will be acting as a Front-end software engineering lead across all 6 teams and ensure adherence to front-end architecture and code-level execution. You will act as a coach to all front-end developers.
- You help the multiple Development Squads to develop code according to software development guidelines which you have created. You will coach the front-end software engineers and will chair the front-end temple.
- You will work closely with (both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, technical architects and DevOps engineers. You will be a member of our CX&D Architecture Authority and constantly bring new ideas to enhance our customer experience by using latest technologies and stay ahead of the game.
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals, objectives, quality and coding standards.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or other IT related education
- 7+ years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Expert level understanding of modern front-end web development
- Experience coaching and leading team of Front-End engineers (internal & external)
- Extensive experience working in scrum teams and knowledge of agile, lean and SAFe methodologies
- Large group facilitation and overseeing the bigger product picture
- Strong skills and hands-on experience with: React, Typescript, SSR, CSS/bundling, NodeJS
- GraphQL as well as REST API experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in Redux
- DevOps tooling: Github, CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.