This position is located in our office near Paris.
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life. Our mission is committed to growth and achieving a market leading position in each country we operate in, and thereby create value for our stakeholders and customers.
For our office in Paris, we are looking for a Lenses specialist who would like to join our Global Master Data team. In this role, you will be exposed many external and internal stakeholders and will work on projects in order to build our Master Data framework for all lenses related products. This is an unique opportunity to be behind the scenes and understand how a global organisation handles its data and the impact it has ont its business.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for data management (e.g. integrity, completeness) & governance for the Lenses category (Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Brands) based on the Global Master Data Organization operating model, systems, data model & structure, etc.
- Responsible for data management of Lenses category GV Global Catalog refresh on a regular basis according to Suppliers/Catman and Operating Companies yearly plannings
- Lead data quality improvements for Lenses master data in coordination with the global Master Data Organization
- Support ongoing maintenance of Lenses master data while ensuring adequate internal controls (Global Catalogue sanity check)
- Support IT tool migration through contributing to its design, implementation and change management. Significant training and collaboration with suppliers will be led in order to drive an effective transition towards the new tool.
- Drive continuous improvements by embracing data management’s best practices
- Drive Product master data reporting and KPIs
- Perform data analysis when required
Expected deliverables during the year (non-exhaustive)
Part of the Selection Operations team, the Master data specialist will be in charge of the:
- Suppliers products data upload check
- Collect missing information or accurate data in case there are mistakes
- Point of contact of the SAP (iSynergy) team to ensure data consistency between PMDM and SAP
- Select the needed assortment within the tool
- Global Catalogue (GC) database maintenance – Ensure the 100% reliability of the data in the MD
- Out of GC integration and challenge with local and global Catman
- Assistance Hotline for Suppliers on Global Catalogue (all year long)
- Definition of the necessary reports that could be extracted from the master data
Key skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate has an optician education combined with an interest in IT and/or Master Data.
- Bachelor’s Degree - ideally as an Optician or a Dispensing Optician
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional experience related to lenses – either as an optician or in a lenses manufacturing environment
- Prior experience in working with data warehouses is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent in English
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality required
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced and changing environment, to prioritize multiple tasks and to engage cross-functionally with all work partners
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,400 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.