GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Manufacturing & Maintenance Manager
The purpose of the function is to contribute to the creation and implementation of the best operational strategy practices and to enforce the objectives established in terms of productive activities (capacities, productivity and costs), as well as to identify opportunities for business improvement within the organization. With a team of four supervisors and one maintenance technician, will oversee all production activities, such as Blocking, Edging and Mounting for prescription spectacles in two shifts, five days a week.
Main purpose of the role
- Define the operating processes and their implementation.
- Facilitate the networking of support functions in order to ensure their effectiveness and requesting their support and informing them of production needs.
- Support the operational team in the application and respect of Lean methodologies and tools through active presence in the field, training and coaching;
- Support continuous improvement work groups, as well as the implementation of projects to improve productivity and quality.
- Ensure the optimization of internal flows and propose actions in order to reduce stocks in progress (WIP).
- Follow up costs related with Productivity, Production and Maintenance.
- Track and share daily and monthly KPI’s for productivity, safety and quality analysis, and the promote the actions to correct deviations.
- Optimize resources and scale the sector's workforce. Ensure the respect of the rules for the Human Production Organization.
- Ensure the respect of FTE efficiency according to the budget.
- Coordinate and establish the functional and development objectives for each of the team members (direct).
- Perform the performance evaluation every six months and annually and detect training needs.
- Contribute to the development of skills and identify potential skills.
- Contribute to the application of the principles of Personnel Involvement.
- Participate in the daily team Meetings to ensure KPI’s reports, successes, problem, action plans, check the security situation in the sector and present Safety Alerts.
- Ensure the dissemination of sector information to all employees and promote internal communication.
- Ensure and follow induction plans for newcomers and actual employees training.
Management of machines, equipment and facilities
- Ensure the maximum use of the machines under the department responsibility with major focus on edging machines.
- Develop actions to improve equipment performance and reliability.
- Participate in the development of new solutions in connection with IT, Quality and HSE teams.
- Be responsible for the acceptance of new manufacturing equipment’s.
- Validate the preventive maintenance plan and make sure it is complied with.
- Coordinate of facilities maintenance and improvements projects.
- Participate in the definition of investments proposals, in accordance with the forecasts of future activity.
Quality, Hygiene, Safety and Environment
- Ensure respect for quality standards.
- Respect and enforce safety and environmental rules and contribute to the improvement of working conditions.
- Ensure tidiness, order, cleanliness and accuracy (5S).
- Ensure the motivation and professional development of its employees, respecting the rules in force as well as the company's policies and procedures.
- Guide the action of its subordinates in compliance with the rules and operational procedures, normative and regulatory references and, related to the requirements of the Clients, the significant environmental aspects and unacceptable risks.
- Ensure directly or indirectly compliance with the Quality, Environment and Safety Policies.
- Ensure the implementation of the actions provided from HSE Action Plan.
- Can carry out other tasks, not specified above, necessary to achieve the objectives of the working group and the organization.
Required qualifications/level of education
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Emotional control: Keep productive in a high-pressure environment, ensuring emotional control in difficult situations;
- Time Management: Efficiently manage your time, setting clear objectives and planning your tasks and activities;
- Change Management: Support a favourable attitude to the continuous improvement, even if it implies changes on your routine; Takes the initiative to propose improvement actions;
- Problems solving: Gathers the information necessary to make decisions, responding quickly and effectively;
- Communication: Express opinions, information’s and key points clearly; it trains a strong personal impact, obtaining clear agreements and the commitment of everyone, persuading and using the capacity to convince, negotiate and manage conflicts.
- Interpersonal relationship: Establish a lot and effective contacts inside the plant; Adjusts the relationship style to correspond the requirements of people and situations;
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- 2-year experiences in similar roles.
- Languages: Fluent in English.
- Competences to interpret Procedures and / or technical documents.
- Computing: Good knowledge of Office tools.
- Good knowledge of problem-solving tools.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be succesful.