GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Marketing & Digital Director, GrandVision Spain
GrandVision Spain is providing high quality and affordable eye care through Óptica 2000, Masvisión and Solaris banners. The team is composed by ca. 1300 people serving customers in 200 stores, both owned and franchises.
Marketing Team is shaped by 10 people in all related areas: Visual Merch, Graphic Content, Production Management, Digital and CRM, receiving support from GrandVision on strategy, content and omnichannel tools.
GrandVision Spain Managing Director
Number of FTE - 10
Main purpose of the role
· In this role, you will be instrumental in creating the future of GrandVision Spain, building a market leading true Omnicommerce business that excels in delivering true customer value; from Eye care to Fashion. Our customers will not only look great with our products, we will also be caretakers for their eye health and deliver an impeccable and unbeatable customer service that secures a long-lasting customer relationship, being the most preferred optical retailer in Spain!
· Optical retail is a unique combination of Retail, Fashion and (Eye) Health Care. In order to succeed, we need to be customer centric, and deliver real customer relevant value, on all 3 dimensions. In todays and tomorrow’s world of retail, we also need to respond to the customer needs in an Omnichannel way.
Customer Journey / Brand communication
· Develop deep understanding of GrandVision customer journey omnichannel involving pre-sales (Marketing), conversion & sales (Commerce) and post-sales (CRM, Cust Service, Loyalty); mapping customer pain points to practical solutions
· Develop deep understanding of our existing customer segments /personas and their attributes; be responsible for positioning of retail branding and associated brand messaging comms
· Marketing strategist – owns a comprehensive Marketing strategy and roadmap for the Retail Brands within GrandVision Spain as well all other related brand building and marketing related activities, including driving the digital and OmniCommerce agenda
· Experienced retail marketeer; understands how to drive traffic in a profitable way, how to measure success in retail marketing and how maximise the ROMI in an omnichannel environment
· Responsible for media mix modelling and using data to decide allocation of media budget across offline and digital to maximise ROI
· Responsible for brand marketing (retail brand) including showcasing the compelling USPs of the retail brand across digital and physical channel, driving compelling price /perception
· Responsible for performance marketing particularly for eCommerce and appointment booking (web to store traffic); deep experience in online marketing channels and optimization of Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) per channel
· Line manager to Head of Digital Sales (eCommerce Manager) and P&L responsible for driving eCommerce sales
· Responsible for eCommerce conversion optimization (CRO), eCommerce digital merchandising, online assortment (“long tail endless aisle online”), pricing and promotions (“online exclusives”, “dynamic pricing”, “outlet sale”)
· Digital in heart and mind, and experienced in both building brands in digital space and driving the Omnicommerce agenda, including e-com
CRM / Customer Service
· Responsible for post-sales customer experience including
· Responsible for driving and owning CRM campaigns to drive traffic to store as well as traffic to eCommerce. Activities include
Creative / Content
· Responsible for creative and content required to drive marketing effectiveness; manage local agencies and liaise with global Customer Experience & Digital team and Global Eyewear Operations on a regular basis to get the most relevant personalized creative and content
Key performance indicators
· Traffic to store as well as digital, Conversion; in store as well as digital
· Brand Strength & Loyalty (Awareness, Preference & Repeat purchase)
· ROMI and related KPI’s
· Digital Brand strength KPI’s, like SOME followers
Required qualifications / level of education
· MBA or equivalent relevant education
· 10 years of consumer product marketing experience
· 5 years of consumer retail experience
· Experience with developing and implementing Omnicommerce marketing strategies within retail
· Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of passion, energy and ambition to realise a positive impact.
· Customer obsessed, can do attitude
· Team Coach – Takes care of the further development of the Local Marketing team
Key skills, knowledge and experience
Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken)
· Brand Strategies, retail brands as well as consumer brands
· Brand Strategy execution plans
· Market activation plans
· Market activation budget; for 2019 this is ca. X,Y MEur
· E-Commerce sales
· Digital presence, WWW as well as agreed SOME areas
· CRM programme and execution
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.