GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
– Center of Excellence Sun- Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
Marketing Manager – Center of Excellence Sun
1 marketing intern
Main purpose of the role
The Marketing Project Manager Sun is responsible for creating global retail brand content and best-in-class marketing activities for all sales channels and store formats that can easily be implemented to drive growth across the sunglass category and for the Solaris brand..
Brand Content & Digital
- Develop the design and the content of new sun e-commerce platform.
- Design, develop and upgrade all digital touchpoints (online/e-Commerce and offline) related to sunglass category. Share and help country to implement.
- Coordination of internal and external (agencies, photographers, printers …) participants to the execution of the commercial calendar.
- Define / participate in defining breakthrough concepts (communication, animations...) able to deliver growth objectives: lead the creation and development of programs in areas like on-trade POS material, visuals, movies …
- Develop and adapt campaigns to help drive Solaris retail brand awareness and sales using levers including but not limited to stores/animations, advertising, online marketing, social media, activation, PR …
- Development and upgrade of retail format/concepts: all touchpoints (off- and online).
- Develop category and brand content aimed at strengthening positioning and raising brand awareness.
- Participate to the construction of e-commerce Yearly Marketing plan in collaboration with e-commerce team
- Construct 360° marketing campaigns and activation programs according to Yearly Marketing Plan by identifying drivers for growth, conversion, traffic boost, commercial promotions and potential for new consumers acquisition for all markets and zones
- Collaborate with our product suppliers to build differentiating campaigns and activation programs
- Support operating countries in any marketing related topic.
- Post-analyse promotion result (ROI) and identify future action plans. Collect, synthesize and share best practices.
Trade Marketing Operations
- Develop and implement Trade Marketing activities (online and offline) with key suppliers
- Manage production and distribution of POS materials in line with the launch and communication guidelines.
- Competition activities monitoring, market analyses
- Budget management.
Key performance indicators
Global Sun TNR + Campaign efficiency and worldwide implementation.
Solaris global retail brand awareness.
Projects completion in time
Required qualifications/level of education
Minimum of 2-5 year experience in fashion related industry, cosmetics or optical marketing required or previous international brand management experience preferred
Former experience on building digital platforms and content is mandatory,
Key skills, knowledge and experience
The candidate must have the following skills/ profile:
- High proficiency in English
- Willing to learn, diplomatic and ability to communicate and influence
- Digital-friendly and excellent command of Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint); Photoshop is a plus
- Can-do mentality, ambitious, results oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Enthusiasm, rigor and strong implication
- Organizational skills and ability to work in autonomy
In addition, successful candidates preferably have:
- International marketing profile and or background
- Commercially smart
- Interest in retail, preferably in sunglasses, fashion or optical retailing
- At least 2-3 working experience in a demanding environment
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.