GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Network Architect Lead, Amsterdam Area
As a key member of the Technical Architecture team you'll work with a team of in-house and external Technical Architects and Engineers in Enterprise Data Centre design, Wide Area Network connectivity, Retail Network, Wireless and Security solutions which support our business.
Head of Infrastructure & Operations
Main purpose of the role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing network architecture and design services that define the Enterprise platforms which guide other teams;
· Define network technology strategies, best practices, guidelines and standards based on emerging technologies and the company's IT's strategic direction;
· Develop and Maintain highly available distributed network infrastructure which is able to meet application roadmaps capable of adapting to security requirements;
· Partner with IT Service lines to support Service Delivery through technical architectural and engineering consulting; support IT Service Delivery teams who drive solution delivery with architectural guidance;
· Optimizing and evolving the current network for performance, resiliency and availability;
· Reviews the design and implementation of architecture components and map them to the long term vision;
· Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to ensure their infrastructure expectations are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate levels;
· Lead Vendor solution evaluation, RFI/RFP definition, lab POC of new technologies, and decision support;
· Effectively advocating for the necessary business investments to support network and security advancements
Required qualifications/level of education
· Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (or equivalent)
· ITIL v3 Foundation
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· You are an energetic Network Architect with a passion for IT Infrastructure and positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player, working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams with end-to-end responsibility for selected network services.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· Proven ability to deliver architectures that incorporate high availability, operations supportability and scalability - Technology life cycle perspective.
· Ability to conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into business solutions.
· Producing a blueprint for a complex, large-scale, integrated network.
· Expert-level background working with switches and routers, monitoring solutions, load balancers, packet shapers, wireless solutions, system and operational management solutions.
· Advanced understanding of business process implications underlying critical systems and networks.
· Deliver detailed network assessments, design, cost analysis, implementation strategies, timelines and configuration guidance to project teams.
· In-depth knowledge of security best practices in large-scale environments.
· Understanding of how network technology and infrastructure can help the business achieve efficiencies.
· Demonstrated experience in business and product planning processes.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, presentation, and customer service skills.
· Experience working with Palo Alto Networks, Cisco technologies and Data Center Networks Design, Set up and/or operations.
· Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization.
Evaluation, testing and implementation of network technologies that enhance performance, security, functionality, monitoring and manageability of the corporate network and its resources