GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Network Engineer, Amsterdam Area
As a Network Engineer you will be part of the Network Team, which is the GrandVision Network squad that’s responsible for the Network projects, Global Wide Area Network and Datacentres.
Senior Network Architect
Main purpose of the role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Proactive monitoring and performance improvement of current network infrastructure.
· Provide support and enhancement to existing network infrastructure.
· Schedule and perform maintenance on network during weekends and evenings as agreed with IT senior management.
· Participate in the development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery procedures.
· Maintain and monitor network to meet the organization's current and future requirements.
· Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively.
· Work within strict time frames and elevate incidents within defined timeframes.
· Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports.
· Creation and maintenance of network documentation and infrastructure topology.
· Be able to work outside of contracted hours for internal maintenance or implementations when required.
· Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
Required qualifications/level of education
· Bachelor’s degree in Information and Communication Technology (or equivalent)
· Cisco CCNA certification
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· You are an energetic Network Engineer with a passion for IT Infrastructure and positive can-do mind-set. You are a team player, working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams with end-to-end responsibility for selected network services.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· Minimum 2 years work experience with Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750 series and Cisco Routers.
· Minimum 2 years work experience in Firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Fortinet).
· Minimum 2 years work experience with Ethernet (Wired & Wireless), Port Channels, IP, TCP, UDP, Static Routing, TACACS, SSH, Network Access Control, RADIUS.
· Minimum 2 years work experience in technical network analysis (incidents, problems, and changes).
· Proven knowledge in the area(s) of developing network infrastructure services, including LAN, WAN, Security Services
· Experience working on monitoring platform such as Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios.
· Experience working on DataCenter environments.
· Understanding of advanced networking technologies and solutions including IPV6, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization.
· Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
· Good attention to detail, testing and documentation.
· Willingness to work outside normal business hours and standby duties.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Experience in retail environments is a plus.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.