GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Procurement Operations Manager - Ophthalmic Lenses, Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
As a Procurement Operations Manager you are part of the Global Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Department, a team of 11 FTE’s in total. The department is divided in the following areas: Exclusive Brands Frames, Non-exclusive Brands Frames, Ophthalmic Lenses and Contact Lenses.
Dave Pels – Global Project Manager – Ophthalmic Lenses
Manages projects that help the company and its operating subsidiaries to improve the financial performance of the Lenses category.
Roles and Responsibility of the role
· You will design and implement programs in the Customer Value Chain that result in lower operational cost and a better customer experience. By doing so you will need to analyse and monitor financial performance of the category and translate this into programs and action plans that generate more value.
· As a member of the procurement team, provide expertise and share the depth of your experience with the Operating Companies and other members of the organization.
· Identify, develop and manage relationships with internal stakeholders to promote the objectives of programs and assist in delivering business results.
· Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers to solve problems and ensure high quality, reliable sources of supply and information.
Required qualifications/level of education
· Completed BSc degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
· Completed degree in opticianry and or optometry.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience.
· High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact.
· Positive, customer first, can do attitude.
· Willing to travel up to 40%
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· 5+ years of business experience as optical retail store manager and/or business analyst, project manager, change manager, consultant in the optical industry (ideally Lenses suppliers)
· Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken)
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel
· A tangible track record of achieving outstanding results
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.