GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Digital Product Owner – Global eCommerce & Omni-channel
1 platform – 30+ retail brands - 40+ countries – 4 product categories – millions of customers
As a part of GrandVision’s new global Customer Experience & Digital (CX&D) team, you will take part in defining and driving a ‘true transformation’. Be prepared for an interesting journey of implementing customer experience led omni-channel transformation across 44 countries, 28 retail brands, 7000+ brick-n-mortar stores, 30+ retail brands and 37,000 employees – at the intersection of retail, fashion and healthcare.
Eye Care: We Care More
“Eye is the window to the world”. In GrandVision, we care deeply about eye health and vision of millions of our customers around the world.
Customer Experience and Digital (CX&D)
We are a new restless, agile, cross-disciplined, and experimental team, obsessed with deeply understanding and solving the most valuable customer journeys, needs, and pain points; We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences. We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches. The CX&D team is unique. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization. We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun! If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.
• Own, design, develop, launch and continuously improve our global omnichannel eCommerce platform with new customer features. Build products that delight customers and convert into commercial success! We have already launched the platform in 10 countries and our ambitious goal is to deliver it to all banners within the Group in the coming years!
• Carefully balance quality of eCommerce product vs velocity of delivering features;
• Co-create our own unique platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless). Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
• We have 4 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey, you will be leading and managing one of the 4 teams day-to-day
1. Browse to Order (PLP, PDP, Landing Pages, Home Page, Campaign Pages, Site Search & Merchandising)
2. Order to Cash (Cart /Checkout /Payment)
3. Wear to Care (My Account, customer details, order history, payment history, Re-Orders)
4. Web to store /omnichannel (Advanced Appointment Booking, Subscription, Store Employee app, Endless Aisle)
• Constantly align online experience with offline store experience and ensure omni-channel consistency across channels e.g. product pricing, promotions, assortment, commercial policies, design & branding etc.
• Lead cross-functional teams (combining both internal and external resources) including service & interaction /UX designers, visual /UI designers, front end developers, back end developers, architect while working with stakeholders such as assortment experts, store experts, supply chain experts, data-analysts and devops engineers.
• You will own the Feature Backlog and constantly prioritize with GrandVision countries and the order of new features. This involves exposure to C-level contacts around the globe.
• Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives
• Deliver product incrementally in bi-weekly Agile scrum sprints, on schedule and within budget
• Negotiate trade-offs with business and technical stakeholders – both globally and in the markets
• Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of a project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives, and complies to our software & architecture principles.
• Partner with multiple GV HQ experts to get insights in performance based on different sources of data to help improve the quality of the user stories
• Manage multiple, concurrent features/projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
Must have skills, knowledge and experience
You will report to the Global Head of Digital Products, Platforms and Delivery and will work with a dedicated scrum team(s).
Required qualifications/level of education
• Master degree, preferably in Science or Engineering.
• 5+years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
Core competencies/ Personal attributes