GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Products Categories Director (PCD) - Location Geneva Switzerland
Purpose of the role:
To develop and deliver assortment excellence across all five product categories (Frames, Lens, Sun, Contact Lens, Accessories) making Product an important core foundation and drum beat of the local organization. By offering the perfect assortment we will turn our customers into fans. The PCD applies the defined assortment collection plan methodology to ensure tailored/curated assortment in line with the banner positioning, thus maximizing SKU performance and Sales per category. This role represents Product with a strong voice in the local MT ensuring alignment and strong product commercialization while managing and developing the local teams accordingly. Report to the CEO
Key responsibilities and tasks:
1. Defines and manages the local Product Offer and Store assortments
- Develops knowledge of the local market and the competitive environment. Feeds the Global and Regional teams with these market insights
- Aligns the positioning and needs of the different banners. Defines and implements processes to ensure the perfect range for all the stores, JV and franchise partners
- Formalizes the construction of the product offer (collection plans, attributes, cookie cutter) in line with the overall range structure as defined by GVHQ
- Assesses and sources local hero products in line with the global guidelines
- Integrates the Global Catalogue into the local collection plan and translates it to the stores, following the global assortment build up methodology (local store clustering methodology) and delivers high quality Planograms
- Manages preparation and participation of product selection using the global assortment evaluation cockpit tool
- Signals local needs via the Global Product Assortment Committee on a regular basis
- Ensures an efficient In Season Mgmt. (participating in the S&OP framework) for the different product categories
- Leads customer trials, formalizes category presentation data and supports/manages local MDM operating model
2. Manages the Product Trade Marketing Calendar and Suppliers
- Develops the Trade Marketing Calendar (aligned with global initiatives) and related plans to activate the products in an ideal manner (360 degrees approach)
- Ensures activation of the content and measures the impact of the campaigns
- Actively supports the transformation of EBs becoming strong consumer brands in the market
- Follows global guidelines around EB Brand Platform, campaign visuals and communication and ensures delivery in stores
- For Local Heroes assortment, the PCD/PVCD owns the supplier relationships and manages contracts to formalize the partnerships. Negotiates Trade Marketing budgets for category development
- Works together with local account management from global suppliers and partners to ensure local implementation of global initiatives reaching contract compliance
- Supplier management: TNR Budget, returns, selective distribution and approval, business reviews and relationship
3. Commercialization of the offer
- Defines and ensures the implementation of the commercial policy for the different categories being fully aligned with the banner positioning.
- In season Management: Tracks category performance, from assortment introduction to stock optimization, to product phase out, ensuring fresh assortment in the OpCo and preparation of selection days
- Delivers financial results in line with the defined targets and KPI set (e.g. Sales, Margin, COGS, Rotation, PPS) and validates and shares it with the different stakeholders
- Based on Sales / Margin / Inventory builds the Buying budget following qualitative and quantitative elements and validates the parameters influencing the budget with the different departments (e.g. store openings, discount rates, developments per distribution channel, collection renewal rate, Additional Offer Share in Stores)
- Sets and evaluates the pricing structure in the stores aligned with global heat map framework
- Coordinates her/his actions with related other departments to ensure alignment and delivery (e.g. marketing, operations, IT, procurement, sourcing, logistics)
4. Develops and manages the team (5 to 10 people)
- Leads, develops and inspires the local team, consisting of Category Management (CM), Trade Marketing (TM) and Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) to achieve business goals.
- Ensures ongoing understanding, adherence and implementation of the company's strategy within the team
- Guarantees optimal communication and information sharing between MT, the local teams, the store community, franchisees, the various departments of GVHQ, and other important stakeholders
- Coordinate the communication and execution with the local banner experts
- Aligns with the other members of the MT, proposes improvements that are intended to advance the company as a whole
- Contributes to the various projects in the company (local, regional and global). Builds and maintains the annual roadmap/planning of these projects
- Manages all applicable HR related matters in compliance with applicable legislation, (safety) standards, company values, company agreements.
- Works together with HR to recruit, onboard, train and support the growth of talent within the international company
- Continuously increases the level of competence and performance through Individual Development Plans; setting qualitative and quantitative objectives, defining and validating the means to implement
5. Transversal role (local and global)
- Builds and maintains the connection to the global team and works with the regional product director to ensure translations of global initiatives into local market
- Values and shares best practices, tools and methods within the local company, and works with the Regional KAM to implement them regionally or globally if applicable
- Provides regular input into global teams and participates actively in the global community building around products helping to improve overall proposition
- Inputs into the “global catalogue” either via BP or directly as a member of the Product Assortment Committee
Solid academic background (minimum of Master degree), ‘smart’, background in Category Management, Product Management.
Profile and Leadership skills:
- Retail specialist with relevant knowledge and experience (10 years) of Category Management, Sourcing and (Trade) Marketing, including how to define a collection plan and activate performance through an effective in-store merchandizing and commercial policy. Preferably with E-Comm extension.
- Able to build a shared vision; capable of inspiring the team to move in the direction that is best for the company.
- Strong leader with great interpersonal and communication skills; able to get ideas across.
- Able to manage several projects at once and a very high workload
- Result-driven, maximizing every business opportunity
- Change and Project management experience, or experience on the promotion and rollout of new processes
- Data driven, facilitating to make the right decision
- Strong driver of commercial initiatives within the complex framework of local, regional and global interdependencies and interests. Able to translate and integrate global company initiatives and priorities in the local market.
- Perfect proficiency in French (C2 or mother tongue), excellent level in English (C1) and good knowledge of German (B2+)
- Perfect knowledge of common computer tools (Office suite)