GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Project Support Officer, Amsterdam Area
GrandVision Group IT Project Management Office (PMO), responsible for ensuring the planned and controlled delivery of key global technology projects. We do this by creating appropriate governance, reporting and decision-making frameworks within which the projects operate and support this through our professional Project Managers (PM) and Project Support Officers (PSO). We are looking for an additional Project Support Officer to support the Head of Projects on global and local projects.
Head of Projects, Group IT
Main purpose of the role
· Support the program and project managers in applying a defined way of working, from start to end of project.
o Setting up projects in relevant tools.
o Manages contact information for project teams, stakeholders, vendors and other relevant parties.
o Supports Project Managers running key governance meetings including tracking the delivery of meeting inputs in advance and ensuring delivery of the outputs afterwards, minutes, action/risk/issue/decision log updates and coordinates the delivery of standard consolidated reports and overviews at project/program level.
o Organises venues and logistics around workshops, meetings and training events
· Support the PMO in providing full transparency on project status, progress and results. Enabling it to be the single source of truth on IT project planning and reporting. Provides ad-hoc support, produce ad-hoc reports, analysis and overviews.
· Support the administration of the PMO
o Contract and work request management.
o Supplier invoice and timesheet reconciliation.
o Collect and collate data for regular reporting on KPI’s.
o Maintain cost trackers and updated budget forecasts.
o Facilitates on-boarding and off-boarding of project resources.
o Supporting project best practice in non-IT functions projects.
o Managing smaller internal projects.
Required qualifications/level of education
· Educated to Bachelor level.
· Qualification in one or more of the following; Prince2, IPMA, PMI, P3O.
· Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken) all business, internally and with our sister and partner companies is done through English.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· Organised, meticulous and proactive.
· Having a positive customer first, can do attitude.
· Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to make a positive impact.
· Able to prioritise and organize their workload effectively.
· Adaptable to work across multiple time zones as required.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· Experience working in a PSO role within a complex organisation, there is a strong preference for previous IT PMO experience.
· Knowledge and experience of PMO tools, methodologies and best practices.
· A strong command of MS Office, Project and SharePoint.
· Experienced working within international teams.
· Experience of working on multiple projects and/or programs simultaneously
· Understanding of project administration and creating a project spend and forecast for inputs to monthly reporting and quarterly budgeting.
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
As our global footprint grows there is the opportunity to be a key team member in varied and challenging projects and to assume more responsibility within projects and the possibility to manage smaller projects.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.