GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Analyst, Global Catalog
Senior Manager, Global Catalog
The Senior Analyst, Global Catalog is specifically responsible for:
- Build, Maintain, Report & communicate key GC KPIs to support GC team performance and decision making to achieve targets.
- Be the owner of all GC KPI reporting tools
- Support GC team to communicate GC performance to Management, with the rational of quantitative analysis
- Supporting GC team with required product insights for piloting of the GC (i.e. defining the optimal SKU offering to support Operating Country needs while meeting BU Category Management Global Guidelines)
- Production of Dashboards and reports
- Deliver insightful product analysis (self-initiated or on ask)
- Be an integral part of the GC team, working together with GC category managers to build and sustain a quantitative approach to GC management
- Drive continuous improvement of KPIs, data analytics and ways of working within the team and across all stakeholders
- Work together with Product Category teams to ensure all data inputs and analysis are in place to support Category Management work
Key expected deliverables (Non-Exhaustive):
- On time publishing of all key Reports (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly…)
- Delivery of Product /Brand performance insights to GC teams / Category Management teams
- Set-up of a rigorous way of working with all “customers” of GC BI
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business / other relevant fields such as operational Research, econometry, mathematics or statistics
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong attention to detail and focus on quality required
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced and changing environment, to prioritize multiple tasks and to engage cross-functionally with all work partners
- Excellent oral and written English (main working language)
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 3 years of related professional experience
- 2+ years in business analysis, developing standards/processes/specification/policies/etc.
- Previous experience in a position working with product teams or Category Management is a plus
- Ideally, knowledge of SAP or other similar systems
- Knowledge of business analytics software, ideally SAP BI, Power BI, similar systems
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
- Progress within same Business Unit – Category Management to more senior roles
- Global Catalog Director (cross category)
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision