A tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of millions of customers across the globe.
We are GrandVision, home of brands such as Pearle, Vision Express, Charlie Temple, Solaris, Zonnebrillen.com and more!
Due to continuous growth our Customer Experience and Digital team is expanding with multiple brand-new positions! The CX&D team is unique. It is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider organization
We co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences. We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches.
In this new Automation Tester role you will be tasked with quality assurance of the functionality developed within the eCommerce & Omnichannel Products & Platforms. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in extending the platform capabilities. Your efforts will lay the foundation for continuously improving the high quality development process to take us to the next level.
We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun!
We look to recruit the best candidates in the market and welcome applications from across the world.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. GrandVision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Deeply understand the architectural principles of our unique best-of-breed platform which is fully MACH (Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, Headless) and actively advise on how to take it to the next level. Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies
- We have 6 Development Squads that take ownership of parts of our omnichannel customer journey, you will be working in one of these teams
- Perform high-level/critical validation and exploratory test coverage using different testing techniques on assigned projects.
- Design use cases and test scenarios based on business requirements with the intention of automating them to run in a behaviour-driven development framework.
- Implement and maintain automation test scripts that cover end to end functionality across the whole platform and all features.
- Constantly review and improve the performance and quaility of the test automation framework running in a CI/CD pipeline.
- Champion test automation across CX&D by constantly looking at ways to improve quality of deliverables
- Perform issue reporting, research, analysis, confirmation and support resolution on assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of QA related support tasks for the internal development teams.
- Act as a QA expert and assist the team lead to manage the development process: establish best practices and improve processes
- Design effective and elegant solutions for testing.
- Input towards the QA roadmap with deliverables and milestones for automated testing
- Champion the need of superior customer experience throughout the execution of the project, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original CX goals and objectives
- Negotiate trade-offs with business and technical stakeholders – both globally and in the markets
- Manage multiple, concurrent features/projects in various phases of ideation, execution, or delivery
- Own the overall quality aspect of tests and therefore the impact on releasing to production
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Master degree, preferably in Science or Engineering
- 5+years of experience in delivering high quality QA for e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Advanced knowledge of English (both written & spoken)
- Expert knowledge in Test Automation Frame works based on Test Driven Development & Behaviour-driven Development, using Cucumber language;
- developing with Front-End tests using Selenium based Webdriver tooling, specifically WebdriverIO; Back-end, micro-services and interface validation using Postman and interface specifications; designing test cases to run against multiple Mobile devices using SauceLabs emulator and physical devices; all testing levels (Unit, Integration, System, Acceptance) and techniques (e.g Smoke, Regression etc); manual testing techniques across all test levels
- Advanced knowledge of Typescript language used to develop automation test scenarios
- Advanced knowledge and experience with CI/CD tooling within a DevOps environment in Microsoft Azure cloud; design-led customer-obsessed digital product development; developing customer facing B2C eCommerce products in Agile methodologies such as Scrum; working within a bigger strategic program with multiple teams, to apply project management skills; working with headless e-Commerce platforms and Microservices architecture
- Good understanding of core development languages and tooling such as Reactjs, Nodejs, Docker, Kubernetes and many more to be able to challenge the developers and devops engineers
- Preferred: solid experience in scaling or rolling out a new e-commerce platform towards an omni-channel future in high pace.
- Strong expertise and skills in decomposing product requirements and designing a test scenario, experience in analyzing different types of technical testing, and choosing actionable items.
More about GrandVision
GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,200 stores and with more than 39,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,260 stores in more than 40 countries
- 434,000 daily store visits
- 15.1 million Eyeglass & sunglass sold
- Over 39,000 employees worldwide
- Revenue EUR 3.5 billion FY
- EBITA EUR 266 million
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.