GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Amsterdam Area
IT Operations Manager
Main purpose of the role
• Proactive monitoring and performance improvement of current infrastructure.
• Creation and maintenance of systems documentation and infrastructure topology.
• Provide support and enhancement to existing infrastructure
• Be able to work outside of contracted hours for internal maintenance or implementations when required
• Schedule and perform maintenance on IT systems during weekends and evenings as agreed with IT senior management
• Participate in the development, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery procedures
• Support the department in implementing ITIL best practice procedure in relation to all aspects of change and configuration management
• Own escalated problems and escalate to external vendors as required
• Maintain and monitor all, security and computer systems to meet the organization's current and future requirements
• Responsible for management, maintenance and architecture of storage, virtualized environment, servers, network devices, and productivity tools
• Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
• Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements
• Cater to doing infrastructure coordination related to design and setup activities at different stages of a project
• Work with various vendors and service providers to ensure productive environment
• Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
• Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects.
• Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
• Migrate on-prem servers to cloud providers.
• Offer support and advice for decentralized IT departments
• Migration of services to global solutions
• Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
Maintain good working relationships with all service providers and vendor to ensure that services received meet expected requirements of contract
Required qualifications/level of education
• Minimum 5 years’ recent experience with managing multi domain’s Active Directory infrastructure for the Enterprise.
• At least 2-year experiences with IT infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, GPO, TCP/IP.
• At least 2 years experiences with Microsoft Windows Azure.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
• Strong Background in Windows Server 2008-2016 technologies.
• Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
• Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in Microsoft Windows Azure and Office 365
Key skills, knowledge and experience
• Experience using automated monitoring tools (Zabbix, Nagios,) and logging tools (graylog, ELK) would be beneficial
• Experience with scripting languages (Batch, Bash and PowerShell) would be beneficial.
• Experience with enterprise antivirus solutions.
• Experience with migrations to cloud providers.
• Good Understanding of Linux or willingness to learn.
• Experience with incident ticketing systems, workstation management systems and desktop imaging.
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
• Strong virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware.
• Proven ability to work in a cloud based or hosting environment
• Proven track record with hosted desktop and published applications using Remote Desktop Services and Application Virtualization
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
GrandVision is currently growing exponentially and within the team with multiple growth opportunities available.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.