GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Manager, Global Catalog
Global Catalog Director
Main purpose of the role
Define and manage an optimized Products Global Catalog for the Sun category, compliant with the SUN category objectives and global guidelines (such as target brand mapping) and addressing our Operating Companies and banner needs.
The Senior Manager, Global Catalog is specifically responsible for:
- Delivers Products Global for the SUN category, applying GV methodology
- Apply GC methodology to build and release Global catalogue in the systems under the authorities of the category managers (providing strategy, policies) : Consolidates OPCO/ Banner needs as an input for Global Collection Plan (defined by the CatMan)
- Prepare, run, participate and follow-up action of key governance instances (SPAC, OPAC & selection days) – business decisions to be taken by CatMans
- Administer assortment planning tool, managing the workflow and authorities.
- Runs the Global Selection days with OPAC members, proposing a list of SKUs for the Category GC for CatMan Validation
- Select SKUS for run of product projects to support execution of trade marketing plans defined by the CatMan
- Proposes novelty SKUs as part of the GC release (following selection days) which are validated by the CatMan
- Treats Global Catalogue extensions during the monthly OPAC, introducing SKUs in the GC.
- Raises non-consensus Extensions requests to CatMan for final arbitration
- Executes all operational activities supporting the E2E calendar and CatMan Category performance KPIs
- Analyse all banner deliverables (Collection plan, Banner Assortments, Market insights…) and performance reports
- Organize, animate and treat global catalogue extensions (with CatMan validation) during Flash OPACs
- Prepare, organize and run Global and local selection days, tracking impact on GC KPIs
- Ensure publication and communication of updated GC to all stakeholders
- Ensures the construction, documentation and upkeep of all Market/region needs, in collaboration with Regional EWO Directors
- Deliver category and product performance insights
- Defines the in-depth performance insights on brand, segment and SKU level,
- Manages the Product Specialist in their task to maintain, track and deliver performance reports on SKU level
- Deliver product insights through analysis of global and opco performance (based on reports delivered by Global Catalogue BI) to support Global CatMan strategies, ensuring excellences of the Global Catalogue.
Key performance indicator: Achievement of GV Forward objectives related to the global products platform:
- Global Catalogue Performance
Required qualifications/level of education
- Master’s Degree in Business / related field of study
- 5 years of experience in retail industry in marketing or category management
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Quick learner and agile to adapt to a dynamic and changing working atmosphere
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to drive managerial skills
- Process driven and structured, ensuring process compliance and completeness
- Strives for operational excellence and service level perfection on all deliverables and timelines
- A strong team player, able to work and support an environment of common support and mutual responsibility for finalization of deliverables
- Detail oriented and driven to deliver quality and completeness of work.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- 4-7 years of working with a Product Portfolio. Experience in the optical sector is a plus.
- Demonstrates an affinity and sensitivity for products with a desire to work with products on a daily basis.
- Strong Analytical skills to processes, challenge, synthesize and deliver category data in the form of standardized deliverables (collection plan, C/O & Discon’t list, Wish list…)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with data to perform qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Familiar with continuous improvement and enjoys work well in a changing and dynamic environment
- Flexibility to travel, including extended peaks during 3 periods throughout year (2-3 weeks)
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
- Progress to BU – CatMan
- Global Catalog Director (cross category)
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision