GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 700,000 store visitors per day
- ~16 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2017: EUR 3,5 billion
- EBITDA 2017: EUR 552 million
- Over 36,000 employees
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
Senior Tech Lead Front-end, Amsterdam Area
Are you passionate about technology? Are you a creator at hearth? Are you that lead frontend developer that seeks a challenge?
We are looking for very enthusiast *technical thrill seekers*! We are developing a multi-tenant Cloud Native solution which will drive brand specific personalized user journeys for our 30+ different banners! As a lead frontend developer, you’ll be working with the latest technologies and frameworks! Help us and lead our team of top-notch frontend developers to make our eCommerce project a worldwide success!
As a part of GrandVision’s new and growing global Customer Experience & Digital team (CX&D), you will take part in defining and driving a ‘true transformation’. The CX&D team is unique. It has no hierarchy; it is deeply meritocratic; it is truly liberal, international and LGBT friendly; and it is a ‘Change Agent’ within the wider retail organization. Hence you have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout the entire customer journey. If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.
You will report to the Global Tech Lead eCommerce and will work within a dedicated scrum team(s).
Main purpose of the role
We need your help in the coming 3 years on delivering a compelling online eCommerce experience for each of our customers: the fashionista, the utilitarian, the budget buyer, the luxury shopper, etc. We are passionate to help our customers with the best affordable eyewear and the best user experience. Be prepared for an interesting journey of implementing customer experience led omni-channel transformation across countries, retail brands, brick-n-mortar stores, websites and employees – at the intersection of retail, fashion and healthcare.
You will work closely with a deeply cross-functional team of full-stack developers, technical architects, digital marketers, service & interaction designers, business designers, visual designers, machine learning data scientists, data architects, business & corporate strategists and physical retail experts and learn along the way. Next to that we offer you the following:
- Co-innovate across GrandVision and contribute our digital, data science, analytics, retail store, design, and innovation strategy expertise to launch digitally-enabled, transformational customer experiences.
- Our current project is expanding across multiple countries and banners. Join this journey and help us shape the groundwork for our stack, roadmap, architecture and (test)tooling.
- A chance to be part of a program in a setting where we can disrupt the marketplace with innovative (technological) solutions and bringing them faster to market than our competitors.
- Opportunities to develop across different channels/divisions, brand or banners.
- Cro-create with our unique platform which is fully modular, API-first, cloud-native, globally scalable and microservices-based. Our tech stack is as good as it can be, and we use the most innovative technologies.
- Our infrastructure also runs on top of Kubernetes, and you will get the opportunity to deploy your code using cutting edge container technology.
- We value initiative, openness, adaptive learning, and solution-focussed approaches.
- We work hard – we play hard. You have tremendous opportunity to make an impact in the lives of our customers by providing them amazing experiences throughout their entire customer journey and in the process- you will have fun! If you are looking for purpose, you might find it here.
You apply your knowledge you have gained in previous experiences, help steer the frontenders to achieve their best. You are able to explain your technical vision in a comprehensible language with both your team and business stakeholders. Besides this we are expecting the following:
- As we work in an international environment, good understanding and knowledge of and write fluent English
- As a Lead Front-End developer, you apply the knowledge you have previously gained in creating ground-breaking solutions for our customers.
- You make sure that technical Wiki’s are kept up to date.
- You have experience in eliminating cross-browser compatibility issues and you are eager to develop your frontend development skills even further
- You are customer focused and will bring customer experience to a higher level. You will enable fellow developers to adopt your technical design choices. You will help them out creating a great user experiences as you have intended
- As front-end lead you will coach them and constantly help improve their problem-solving skills.
- You evaluate code, promote the best practices, and maintain a high level of professionalism and pragmaticism.
- You support team members in defining their goals and how to achieve them.
- You build and lead the frontend guild, which excels at providing a customer centric user journey that validates that everything they build is pixel perfect and optimized for speed.
- Should be self-motivated, highly organised, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- A team player that can work with diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Science or Engineering.
- 7+years of experience in delivering e-Commerce and/or digital products (preferably at least 2-3 years for a large retailer)
- Experience with ReactJS and a solid understanding of its use in front-end tooling (Webpack, grunt, gulp)
- Thorough understanding of serverside rendering of ReactJS using NextJS
- Proficient with ES2015 (ES6) / ES2016 and TypeScript
- Having experience building with RESTful APIs
- Experience with Redux (or other state management pattern)
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, GIT is a must!
- Advanced knowledge of English (both written & spoken).
- Good understanding of containers, docker images and Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies such as Scrum/KanBan/SAFe or similar
- Having experience with either NodeJS or Java/JEE is a plus.
- Having experience with GraphQL & RxJS is a plus.
- Having moderate/Advanced knowledge and experience with CI/CD tooling within a DevOps environment in Microsoft Azure cloud is a plus.
- Having a good understanding of Headless CMS architecture. Experience with BloomReach (or another web headless CMS) is a plus
- Having experience with E-commerce platform like CommerceTools is a plus
- Having knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, particularly JSON Web Token is a plus
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Thorough understanding of digital & marketing
- Customer first/ relevant content creation
- Team player
- Lead by example, teacher & preacher
- Data driven
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision
Find our Annual Report here: http://annualreport.grandvision.com/
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.