GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 36,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company.
Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
UX/UI Designer, Amsterdam Area
UX/UI Designer – Global eCommerce & Omni-channel.
A perfect match in global retail & digital transformation.
Global Design Lead
Main purpose of the role
1 platform – 33 retail brands – 43 countries
As a part of GrandVision’s cool new global Customer Experience & Digital (CX&D) team, you will take part in defining and driving a ‘true transformation’.
You’ll be responsible for digital design at this new team, and work together with designers, developers and product owners.
Once here you will...
· Be responsible for the UX/UI within the end-to-end product and service workflow.
· Collaborate with Designers, Developers and Product Owners on the vision and execution.
· Conceptualize and define new flows and features, including the presentation and rationals.
· Contribute and develop the platform's style guides and design systems.
· Help organize and participate in user research, like user tests.
· Design UI components and work with development team to ensure quality of execution.
· Be embedded with and part of the development team, owning UX and UI from definition and design up to and including implementation.
· Promote start-up mentality, design thinking and user-centred design principles within the organization.
Relevant experience & Mindset
· An entrepreneurial spirit: ability to initiate work yourself and proactively improve processes competencies and tools.
· 3+ years’ experience working on digital platforms and products.
· Can work independently, with coaching of a seniors / leads designers.
· Ability to clearly present ideas, processes and design decisions to development and design teams.
· Ability to distil problems and data models into usable and delightful experiences.
· Ability to make design decisions that are informed by data and qualitative insights.
· Experience with prototyping to quickly validate and share ideas.
· A strong preference to work in dynamic and agile environments.
Our Offering & Benefits
· International team work experience at our Global HQ office in Schiphol.
· Competitive salary according with the level of experience.
· Unique opportunity to see your work launched in multiples countries at a global level.
· Freedom in way of working, with start-up mentality and be part of the tech teams and career paths accordingly.
· Training and development opportunities.
· Company Pension plan.
· 25 days’ vacation annually.
· Discount gym membership.
· Public transport costs reimbursed.
NB. If you have not heard back from us after 27 days, please consider your application not to be successful.