GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
- 7,000+ stores in more than 40 countries
- 30 retail banners
- over 800,000 store visitors per day
- ~17 million prescription glasses sold
- Revenue 2018: EUR 3,7 billion
- EBITDA 2018: EUR 576 million
- Over 37,000 employees
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Global Talent Manager, Amsterdam Area
Head of Talent
Main purpose of the role
In 2019 GrandVision successfully launched a comprehensive Talent Management strategy (Sparkle). In order to further strengthen the talent strategy and continuity of ‘Sparkle’ program, we are looking for an experienced Talent Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the effective implementation of annual Talent Review cycle (Global top 1000 and emerging talents).
- Developing, implementing and evaluating leadership and HiPo development programs for company’s executive levels.
- Designing and developing innovative and highly affective talent management programs and processes to improve the depth and diverseness of global leadership talent.
- Actively provide consultation to local HR heads and cluster HRBP in the effective implementation of Talent Management best practices globally.
- Providing proficient consultation in all phases of talent management such as succession management, assessment, talent pipelines, selection processes and so on.
- Roll-out and embed the GV Leadership Lens (Leadership Profile & Behaviours) in key employee life cycle events.
- Effective use of communication and marketing methods in educating employees on career development programs and resources.
- Promotes effective use of the Talent Excellence system to manage talent review, feedback and development process.
- Collaborating with business leaders and human resources to develop and execute an integrated approach to development, learning and talent management.
- Providing counsel and leadership to business leaders to develop training programs that align with company’s strategy.
- Designing and implementing pioneering programs to follow through the people development outcomes from the Talent Reviews.
- Working with stakeholders to assess development needs, performing gap analysis, designing and leading programs that build people management and leadership skills and capabilities.
Required qualifications/level of education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Degree in the field of Human Resources from an accredited institution.
- Master’s in Business Management or Organizational psychology is an added advantage.
- At least successful seven years of experience in Talent Management team.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
- Ability to operate individually and employing solid decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, externally and internally.
- Ability to influence professionals at senior management level.
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- Has ability and experience in establishing frameworks, standards and orchestrating global processes
- Has strong implementation focus; ability to persuade and influence senior leaders of the organisation is a big plus
- Has good knowledge and understanding of Talent Analytics
- Good business acumen to quickly understand GV business priorities, landscape and connect it back to GV Talent Strategy.
- Has customer centric mindset
- Open to change and drives change
- Encourages risk taking and learning from mistakes
- Fosters Trust
- Digital Savvy
- Strong collaborator and influencer
- Agile thinker, adaptive and creative
- Able to build and work with diverse teams
- Great communication skills, has a role in ensuring strong communication skills in others, assuring a smooth corporate and seamless communication across the company (open communication culture)
- Helps to lead the organization in an aligned direction, solution oriented, (building not destroying approach). Good conflict management skills
- Can design and execute talent strategy and succession plans
Future potential/ learning agility/ growth opportunities
We are looking for an eager learner with the potential and aspiration to take on bigger responsibilities and grow with GV.
More about GrandVision: www.grandvision.com
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grandvision