GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Transformation Officer, Amsterdam Area
You will oversee the portfolio of strategic projects and will provide hands-on leadership and direction to the project managers leading those initiatives. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing work environment. You be will be driving organization and coordination with cross functional, internal and external partners by using program / project management processes and skills. The role will require an extensive understanding of the current organization landscape and leading retail projects. In addition, you will:
· Drive alignment across multiple (cross-functional) projects, ranging in priority complexity, identify gabs and issues and manage the delta to ensure success of key initiatives delivering GrandVisions ambition for 2023.
· Control the project portfolio by planning, monitoring, and tracking project delivery and take corrective action as appropriate. Therefore, you will work closely with internal and external cross functional project leaders and hold them accountable for the end to end delivery of the project:
§ define and control project scope, budget and resources
§ set project milestones and KPIs and track progress
§ deliver upon the communication program per project
§ escalate issues using governance structure
§ proactively anticipate, mitigate, and resolve risks, conflicts or project issues
· Map and synchronize projects initiated by the operating companies
· Present weekly / monthly updates of progress, obstacles and next steps to different levels in the organization.
· Representing the VP Transformation in cross functional meetings and ensures the changes / decisions to support the overall strategy.
· Deliver special projects to the VP Transformation and Business Development and provide input to the strategic planning for GrandVision to be presented in board meetings. This includes input regarding process improvement, roadmap planning, change management, innovation pipeline and other initiatives helping the organization to scale and grow.
· Implement PMO best practices; drive methodology standardization and implement iterative process improvements over time. In case required coach, mentor, and train as appropriate e.g. about governance set-up, communication, celebrating milestones and successes.
· Develop strong relationships with internal and external business partners to support retail initiatives
· Demonstrate our GrandVision values
We’re Excited About You If You Have:
· Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in project management with demonstrated success working in retail
· Strong project management, organization, and facilitation skills and the ability to work with various levels of the organization
· Strong analytical ability and knowledge of project and portfolio management processes; experience managing project finances/budget
· Flexible and strong leader with an ability to inspire and drive the change; self-motivated; focused on meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Culture compatible and a broad understanding of the organization landscape, with the ability to go deep into the details and to think big.
· Solution oriented; ability to think critically and to provide thoughtful and innovate solutions to proactively address issues and problems as they arise
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), visualization, conceptualization and presentation skills
· Ability to influence, connect, and collaborate with a variety of groups and personalities, both technical and not technical, at all levels of the organization
· Effective cross-functionally relationship-building skills; manage complex stakeholders and to cultivate strong partnerships across teams to get work done
· Can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach