GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Transversal Project Manager Assistant, Amsterdam Area
Intern, part of the Eyewear Operations department.
Transversal Project Manager / Global Category Manager – Irene Tinke
Main purpose of the role
Within the Eyewear Operations department, you are assisting in the deployment of several key projects internationally. You are in relation with internal departments and international category managers (OpCo’s). Your key role is to contribute to the implementation of the assortment methodology across GV, the formulation of the global assortment guidelines for local Category Managers and the creation of the market & consumer insights project.
1) Assortment Methodology project:
- Gather and consolidate the banner’s collection plan templates received from OpCos. Prepare a gap analysis on collection sizes and recommendation for the Committee.
- Create training material: assist on writing the guidebook and the presentation.
- Prepare the biweekly call with all the local Category Managers and make sure that all their questions shared prior to the meeting are answered. Organize a Follow-up.
2) Global Guidelines:
- Build the framework
- Work closely with the business analyst to deliver Heatmaps for Global Category Managers
- Contribute to elaborate the Brands Roles & Tactics for the Frames category based on the expertise of the Global Category Managers.
3) Market & consumer insights project:
- Prepare workshop with OpCos (invite, organize)
- Write the minutes of workshop
- Assist on preparation of content and the training material
Required qualifications/level of education
Solid academic background (minimum of Bachelor degree), ‘smart’, background in Category Management, Business Administration
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
· Highly adaptable to new environments
· Good sense of task organization, attentive to detail, accurate
· Can do attitude, pro-active
· Customer focused
Key skills, knowledge and experience
The candidate must have the following skills/ profile:
· High proficiency in English (written/verbal as we operate in an international team)
· Comfortable with collecting and analysing data
· Excellent knowledge of Excel (small test case during interview)
· Willing to learn, diplomatic and ability to communicate and influence
· Team spirit, enthusiastic, positive mindset