GrandVision is a global leader in optical retailing and delivers high quality and affordable eye care to more and more customers around the world. The high quality eye care offered by GrandVision includes a wide range of services provided by its vision expert, prescription glasses including frames and lenses, contact lenses and contact lens care products, and sunglasses both plain and with prescription lenses. These products are offered through leading optical retail banners which operate more than 40 countries across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia. GrandVision serves its customers in over 7,000 stores and with more than 37,000 employees which are proving every day that in EYE CARE, WE CARE MORE.
Some key figures:
Our vision is to provide high quality and affordable eye care to more and more people around the world. By doing so, GrandVision aspires to help them realize their full potential in life.
Developing Careers & Potential
Within all GrandVision companies we recruit for a career, not just a job. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and develop our people to look for growth potential within the job and within the company. Our preference is to always promote internally where possible. So, wherever people start, there’s always somewhere else to go. We strive for continuous improvement and our new recruits help us to further raise the future potential of our company. Our whole business is full of people who have gone on to achieve a successful career through experiencing a variety of different roles in different locations and area of our business. We continually support and develop our people who have the desire, ambition and potential to grow.
With customers, stores and employees located in over 40 countries, GrandVision shows diversity to be at the core of its success. Grandvision is a global company proud and committed to be an equal opportunity employer.
Treasury Front Office Analyst Schiphol, Amsterdam Area
The Treasury team consist of 6 FTE’s in total. 2 Front Office employees, a Treasury Controller, 2 people dedicated to the group wide TMS deployment and a Group Treasurer
Main purpose of the role
· Ensure proper import of relevant bank statements into Kyriba and report on issues.
· Reconcile all bank flows imported and ensure proper flow codes have been added; otherwise report on issues.
· Gather information on cash positions, cash needs and forecasts from the Countries, Opco's, RSS to ensure visibility of the ST cash position.
· Establish cash positions on a per currency basis.
· Compile and ensure visibility of ST Cash Forecast.
· Execute on funding requests from Opco's and countries, where applicable and not automated.
· Based on Cash position and Cash forecasts propose proper external funding (RCF, CP Program and OD/MM) and execute on this.
· Execute Spot FX transactions limiting our B/S exposure, where applicable.
· Work with countries to reduce "trapped cash".
· Support and propose on all related improvements on process, policy and execution of these in particular on the development of the Cash Pooling Structure.
· Manage day-to-day operational FX program, internally (Opco's) as well as externally (Banks).
· Gathering and consolidating FX forecasts form Opco's and Supply Chain.
· Propose FX transactions based on Forecasts.
· Execute FX transactions in a best in class manner.
· Monitor all Financial Risks as designed in the Treasury Policy and propose actions to reduce these risks to the Treasurer as applicable and relevant
· Assist or take ownership of ad hoc projects aimed at increasing efficiency in Treasury for example
o ST Cash flow and FX forecasting from ERP systems
o Financial modelling
o Set up a treasury reporting framework
Key performance indicators
Manage daily cash position close to zero, optimal use various financing facilities, reduce cost of the Commercial Paper program, and report variances on cash forecast.
Manage FX position according to Treasury Policy and minimize FX impact from balance sheet positions. Ensure visibility of group wide FX position Provide reporting on variances on FX forecast and hedging impact to senior management.
Ensure compliance with the Risk Management Policy of GV at all times
Required qualifications/level of education
University degree (or equivalent)
Core competencies/ Personal attributes
Highly adaptable to new environments; with a natural ability to embrace learning and develop through experience. High level of energy and ambition to realise a positive impact. An excellent opportunity to gain experience within a treasury of a multinational corporation with further possibilities for growth.
Positive, customer first, can do attitude.
Key skills, knowledge and experience
· 3 - 5 years of work experience in finance or a treasury role in a multinational company
· Have a keen interest in financial markets and how they operate, payment systems, macro-economic developments and FX markets
· Goal and result-oriented person who knows how to set and follow through priorities, often with tight schedules and timelines
· Strong knowledge of English (written & spoken), Spanish would be an advantage
· Strong affinity with systems, solid IT knowledge